Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some days, err, moments, are diamonds....

Today, Makenneh told me she really wants a parrot. I told her when she grows up and gets her own place, she can have a parrot. She replied: I don't wanna gwow up n have babies and move out. I wanna stay with my mommy foweveh," as she threw her arms around me. It was the most precious moment. I told her she will always be my little girl, even when she's all grown up. Moments like that make the not-so-fun times so worth it.

And now for the story of the walking man and his book. Yes, that's right. He walks, every day, past our house, while reading a book. Face buried right in the thing. I don't know how he manages it. Today, as he passed by, Sparky (the family dog) decides to go out to him, barking. I call for the dog, dog doesn't listen. I yell out to walking book man that the dog won't bite, while Jeremy walks toward road to collect dog. The man takes a few steps past the dog without so much as flinching...then he turns around in a fluid like movement, walks to the dog, all the while his face buried in the book. He removes the book from his face and leans down a bit to let Sparky sniff him, then he pets the dog and picks the book back up to his nose and continues on his way, smooth as silk. It was almost unbelievable to watch. It was strange. Very strange. As Jeremy comes back up to the porch, I say, "I have no idea how he does that; I would lose my place." To which Jeremy replies, "In the book or on the road?" Smart ass. "Both!" was my response. I can never help but watch this guy as he walks by every day. It amazes and baffles me all at the same time.

I am eager to get back to school, despite having no idea how i will actually get there. But, i washed my book bag today (that thing is well over 10 yrs old..i dare say closer to 15 yrs old). It has held up like no other, so I continue to use it. But, thought it could use a run through the wash cycle. I just finished filling it with my pens, pencils, sharpener, some notebooks, folders and other odds and ends. I am ready! Well, I need to go get my books first. I haven't done that yet. It takes a vehicle, which I don't have. So, there is a slight problem. Perhaps I can manage to get down there one day this week. Not that there are many days left in this week.

I had a great laugh session with the hubby tonight that has really helped fight the blahs. WE laughed so hard at each other I thought I would pee in my pants. It feels good to do that. Of course, we had the absolute pleasure of having a couple hours here with just the four of us. The kids played nicely in the toy room and Jeremy and I laughed til our sides hurt.

Well, I guess I have rambled enough for one night. Oh oh, before I go..i am so excited. My mom brought home a Norton 360 disc. She bought it today while she was out with my aunt. I will no longer have to worry about viruses, hackers, trojans, whatever. Of course, went to install it and the program won't open so i have to tech support in the morning to see if we can get it figured out. But, i am closer to protection now. I also found out (ok hubby found out) from my brother in law that we can install our old hard drive on this computer, use it as a slave drive (sounds so kind doesn't it...geesh) and still have access to our music files, photos, etc. I am very happy about that. And having this virus protection will clean up and prevent any of the problems from the old hard drive. ok, enough tech talk...good night

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

When my old computer was dying, my brother piggy backed a smaller hard drive on my computer. It sure is a sad sound when they do die!! Good luck with the Norton. Nothing has ever worked as well for me as a clean wipe of the computer.

Sweet moment with Makenneh. :)

Laughing is good. :)

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-sounds like things are going great with everything-minue the issue with the car. I love what precious little girl of yours said! I love when the kids say stuff like that to me-makes it all worth it! I am praying that you can figure out the car situation soon! Sorry that is still holding you down and wish I could help!