Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Freezing

Ugh, I left the windows open last night and couldn't sleep because I kept waking up cold. It got mighty cold last night. I now wish I would have taken the extra time to go through and shut windows before going to bed. I will be sure to do that tonight. I actually turned the furnace on when i got up this morning to take the chill off the air and I am just now beginning to thaw out. My parents were probably popsicle sticks sleeping in a dang tent in the UP.

Makenneh loves school. She had a great day. And of course she brought home several forms I had to fill out and I got those all done and ready to turn in. Sebastian had his physical and that is out of the way. He had to have two shots, poor thing. On the way home, he told me, "She hurt me mom". When he saw daddy he told daddy, "They still hurt" and then last night he told me, "No more boo boos, mommy." Whew. He did cry a bit more than Makenneh ever did but he still bounced back rather fast. The doctor asked if we are having any issues and I told him potty training. He gave me a paper on toilet training resistance. But like he said, it's nothing you can force and something they do on their own time. He stressed that I have to refrain from getting frustrated because it only hinders the progress. Of course, I knew all this, but it is nice to hear it again and know that he will be trained before his first date! LOL. ANd I just have to keep reminding myself that once he is done with diapers, I am done with diapers for good! I have been changing dirty diapers for 5 yrs now. I am ready to give them up!


Well, I need to get Makenneh up and get her ready for school..i .let her sleep an extra 15 mins today and we will see how we do for time this time. Yesterday she had too long to sit and wait...she was antsy. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

It is a little chilly here today as well! Hope that your parents are not too cold! Glad that Makennah is liking school and hope it goes well today too! Justice cried a little bit but then he took his teachers hand and was fine-doesn't help that his asthma is acting up and here I am sending him to school-he is even on a steroid at the moment for it!

Julie Q said...

I love the cooler air! :) Bummer it's got to have Fall going with it. ;) Although I am so ready for the big boy to go to school!

It is hard to get kids to bed early when it's still light out. Is their room dark? If not, I'd try hanging some dark towels or something on their window. I have to do that with Zachary pretty much Spring to Fall.