Monday, February 09, 2009

I just got real busy

Now that my internship is in full swing, I find little time for the computer. I go to school all day tues and thurs and then spend monday, wed and fri doing my internship. In btwn times and on weekends I get to do homework and study. I'm getting more excited about my career because I am getting closer to the end of the first leg of the journey. I am also able to apply some of what I have learned while working at the senior center. It's coming together nicely.

I have all but given up on finding a place any time real soon. It just doesn't seem to be in the cards and I can't stress about things I can't change. It helps that I am gone 5 days a week and that gives me some reprieve from the house.

I did our taxes today and was overjoyed to learn we still qualified for the earned income credit. I was thinking we wouldn't get anything back. Thankfully that wasn't so. It wasn't as much as we usually get, but considering our income last year, I am happy with our return.

Sebastian has a lump on his foot....in the arch. There is a little cut or something right there, so I am hoping that it's an absessed splinter or something. There is no redness though, so I don't know. He goes to the doctor on Friday. That's the other thing I learned....making appointments is tricky with my schedule. I have to give up internship hours to do anything that requires daytime hours. But, I also figure that with my spring break, I can work all 5 days, at least 5 hours a day and that cuts my requirement in half.

My sister's baby shower is approaching. March 7th. We have most things we need. Then, this past Sunday, when they announced the shower at the end of services, a lady approached Carrie and my mom and offered them a bunch of paper products and decor items. She said she had bought them for her granddaughter but she didn't want a shower, so we could have the stuff. That will be a huge help considering my dad is laid off and our income is quite limited. Anything helps. It seems that every big event in Carrie's life has been plagued with a layoff. Her senior year, dad was laid off for a very long time. Her wedding time, he was laid off a bit and now her baby. So, I am insistant that she have a very nice shower. If it means we live here a bit longer, so be it. And speaking of her baby...i got to feel her move today. I was so excited. Usually when I go to feel her, she stops moving. Typical isn't it? I caught her tonight though, stinker! They have decided on Liberty for her first name and the middle name will be either Grace or Addison. I really like Liberty Grace. And I will call her Libby for short. =D

Well, it is far past my bedtime, so I am off here. Have a great night and enjoy the warm up if you are around this area! I hear 59* for tomorrow! Too bad I will be stuck inside classes all day!

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-sounds like things have really picked up with you! I am sorry that the house thing is not working out right now! Still praying! I hope that Carrie's shower goes great! She is such a sweetheart! That is awesome that you got a tax return! I hope that it helps a lot! Big Hugs!!!