Wednesday, February 04, 2009

On my way

I started my internship, officially, today. I actually went in and did 2 whole hours of internship. It was only 2 hours because upon my arrival, I was told that the foot doctor had accidentally been scheduled for Wednesday and was taking up the Social Worker's office, so he couldn't even access his files or anything. He was hanging out "on the floor" with the seniors, drinking coffee. HE let me stay and mingle a bit, study, whatever. So, i did that 2 hours. I will go in again on Friday from like 3-6. The earlier part of Friday will be spent, hopefully, at the computer lab, working on my computer class. It shouldn't be too busy in there and hopefully I can get some help with the parts I am not quite understanding. Fingers crossed.

My sister and I went grocery shopping today. OMG. What a trip. It felt like we spent the entire day, but really it was only about 3 or so hours. And we were exhausted by teh time we got them all loaded into her truck and all we could think about on the way home was how nice it will be to have all the help carrying them in (dad, Jeremy, Ralph). Hah. WE got home and Jeremy still wasn't home from work, Ralph had left and Dad was heading out the door for Church. So, guess who hauled in all the groceries? You got it...me and Carrie, by ourselves, while mom put things away. The plus side was that mom had dinner in the oven so I didn't have to cook.

We still can't find Makenneh's book from school. I am sooo stressed over it. I will write her teacher a note to let her know that we will continue looking for it. I am sure it was part of a series and that I wouldn't be able to just pay a replacement cost. I have no idea how it couldve disappeared. Well, I do. One only need to look at the junk piles near and deep. Grrrrr.

Oh and did i post that Makenneh got her report card and is doing well in school? They don't receive letter grades, but rather a scale..beginning to master grade level, Masters grade level, doesn't meet grade level. She got all "M"s for mastering except like 2. One was counting to 100 and the other I don't recall. I am quite proud of her. This friday is their 100th day of school and they each had to bring in 100 things. She chose elbow noodles. How original, right? But I wasn't going to argue because it was something we had here and saved me from having to hunt something down.

Well, I am going to get off here and finish my rounds. I have my very first test of this semester tomorrow in Practium and it's over record keeping. Wish me luck! That reminds me, I need to get a scantron for the test. Makes mental note to remember. Good luck, I know.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Bummer about the first day of internship. I hope next time it goes better. :) Sometimes a couple of hours of (relatively) quiet time is nice though right? :)

I love when there is someone home to help lug in the groceries. Bummer nobody was there though. Glad to hear Jeremy is getting some decent hours though.

Sorry to hear about the book. I hope it turns up! And woo hoo to Makenneh! She's doing great! Z's school doesn't do letter grades yet and he's in 2nd.

Take care!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow sounds like you and Carrie had a day! I hope that you are able to find Makenneh's book-that can be frustrating! And congrats to her for doing so well! I wish Justice was-we may be taking him out and homeschooling! More on that in a few days as I know more!