Thursday, February 12, 2009

Moving water

Everyone loves the sound of water. Ok, unless you have to pee really really bad. Then you probably don't like the sound of water. Well, in the midst of a frigid winter (with a few exceptions of warm weather tossed in the mix), I found the sound of moving water in a strange place. I was taking the last bag of trash to the road and there it was. Whoosh, whoosh. As the water moved along in the ditch. How um...nice? I couldn't help but feel a bit of lightheartedness as I listened to that sound. Better still, I should have closed my eyes for a moment and let my wander to a bright, warm, sunny beach or something. But, I didn't. I still enjoyed the peaceful sound of the water for a moment. Funny the places you can find peace and tranquility. If even for a moment.

I take Seb to the doctor in the morning for his bump on his foot. It's right in the arch of his foot. I have no idea what it is and I am hoping it is something simple. I must be honest and admit a bit of reserved fear. My heart always breaks when I read stories of families going through tragic illnesses with their children. It is one my fears as a mother. I am sure it is every Mother's fear. So, please say a prayer, think positive thoughts, whatever it is you do. There is a very small "cut" where the bump is, which kinda leads me to believe that perhaps it is a sliver gone bad. But, there is no redness around the "cut" either, which it seems there would be if it were from a sliver or some other similar thing. I guess we will find out in the morning.

Makenneh had her Valentine's party today in her class. They did an ice cream social. She had a good time. Grandma went because I couldn't. I had class. I felt so horrible. When she asked who was going and I had to explain to her that I couldn't because of school, she started to cry and say, 'But who will go?" I knew then that someone had to go even if it meant me missing class. Unfortunately, I had a test today in the class I would have had to miss. Thankfully, my mom was able to go and truth be told, I think it did her a world of good to get up and out of the house. She hasn't really gotten out in a few days and I notice when that happens she starts to get "sick". I think it is more of a depression mode than anything. It is not good to stay holed up in the house for any length of time. Sometimes it is unavoidable but when you can help it, it is always best to get out sometimes.

I applied for more student loan money. I did it in the hopes of having enough to move. I am kinda hoping that one house is still available when/if I get that money. Bc if we had that kind of money to put down, credit wouldn't be such a big issue. The smaller the down payment, the more need for a great credit score/history. Jeremy's mom reminded him the other day that she can get us in the apartments she lives in/works for, but we really don't want to go that route if we can help it. And the truth is, if we were to move in there, it would be forever before we would have the money to get out. So, it's best to ride it out here until something more feasible comes along.

Well, I am going to get off here. I am hoping that my parents do take Makenneh up north tomorrow to give great gma her valentine's gift. She just had to have a card and a box of chocolates for g-gma and she insisted that she had to take them up to her, not mail them. We all thought it was very cute. So, my parents talked about doing just that tomorrow and possibly staying overnight. Makenneh would love it.

Ok, now i am really getting off here!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I will definately keep Seb in my thoughts!! I hope his foot is ok! I will be at the eye doctor with my boy in the morning.

That is great your Mom went to Makenneh's class. :) I hope Makenneh enjoyed Grandma going with her.