Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Intern

Ok, the kids are snuggled in bed...hopefully for the night now. They keep stalling, coming out wanting things and hopefully it's done now. I have felt like a guitar string, tightly tuned, ready to snap with the least bit of pressure. I have been this way mot of the day. Just one of those days, I guess. I even managed to earn myself a tension headache. I have been working on getting rid of it while watching the Super Bowl. I decided to take a break from the game when Arizone threw an interception at the goal line with 10 seconds left in the first half. To make matters worse for those who didn't watch...the interception was ran ALL. THE. WAY. DOWN. FOR. A. TOUCHDOWN. Blah!

I went for my interview on Friday for the internship. I absolutely love it. Rubin, the social worker who interviewed me, was great, as is everyone else at the Senior Center. I start tomorrow, can work whenever I want, with no set expectations and he already told me that if i want to do my 300 hours next semester there, I am more than welcome too. So, I don't even have to worry about that. How great that is! I think I am really going to like it. The center has two guys from Germany who are here for a year on some sort of program they had to qualify for in Germany. They will work at the center for a year before going back to Germany. So, I will get to have some more cultural learning as well. Of course, we had a German Exchange student when I was in high school...Hello, Nikki, if you are out there, reading this! We still keep in touch and she comes over every so often. And, my family comes from very strong German roots, so always interesting. I look forward to interacting with them, as well.

I still can't get into my email account and I am losing my patience with it. I sent them an email, usuing Jeremy's account and hope to have the matter resolved rather quickly. I wouldn't mind as much, but i seriously would lose some homework, pictures, all the contact info....grrrr. So, if I end up having to set up a new account, and you want me to have your email, you may have to send it to me again. I will keep you posted on that.

Hmmm, just typing this has released some of the tension of my headache....of course, I just heard the bedroom door creek open....grrrr. They need to just go to bed. Makenneh is such a bear in the mornings. It doesn't matter when she goes to bed. Have had little success in finding a happy medium for that child where sleep is concerned. I think she just takes after her momma and really dislikes mornings. But, I was not usually that grouchy...i just got up and got on with it. Can't avoid it.

Well, I am going ot check the score of the game...but I am certain I won't be pleased.

Go Arizona, anway!

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Hey Arizona came back and almost won it! It was a great game! Hope that the headache went away and I am so glad that you got the internship for two semesters-woohoo! I am sure you will have a lot of fun there! Keep up the good work and hope Makenneh turns into a morning person at some point! Adrianna hates mornings too!