Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Phew!

Well, Jeremy had looked at the car last night and thought it might be the thermostat. He took it out and tested it and that wasn't the problem. Tonight when he got home, we took the car to my dad's and they discovered it was the radiator fan, as Jeremy had expected. The bad thing is, the part brand new is $300. I have to call around junk yards tomorrow and hope we can get a good one for a much much much cheaper price. I don't know what we are gonna do about moving. All this stuff coming up cuts into the little bit of money we have to move. I did apply for a student loan last week but it can take up to 6 weeks to get it. So, still making lemonade over here! When i got home from Bunco, Jeremy informed me that I would need a ride to school tomorrow. I wanted to melt down. We have a test, so I CANNOT miss. My mom has to work and is using my sister's truck, so there go two possibilities. My uncle is working 2nd shift so he can't. My aunt will be at work and my brother just started a 2nd job recently, leaving nobody that I could think of to take me to school. It especially sucks bc i go to school 20 mins from home and the class is only 1.5 hrs long and probably will let out early tomorrow bc it's a test day. I just called mom and she said that she will tell her boss she has to leave at 1130ish to get me to school. They are slow and she gets sent home early all the time anyway. Then, she will just hang out up at the college while I am in class. I feel much better knowing that it taken care of. Then, I will need a ride to and from my night class tomorrow and Thursday.

On a positive note, I won 2nd place at Bunco tonight and it was a real nice frying pan. I definitely could use a new one. So, i was happy with it.

Well, I need to get off here, finish feeding my internet addiction and get studying for the test. Gah! It's Human Sexuality so you would think it would be easy. But, it's a Sociology class and it covers anatomy/physiology too. Not to mention all those theories on Human sexuality. Freud's theory will probably be easiest, because that one is taught most often. The others...hmmm, not so sure, except that thankfully, their names usually lend insight to the meat of the theories. The feminist theory for example, suggests that there is a hierarchy of power and men hold it and everything that goes on is basically the man getting over on the women. It's kinda pitiful to read because some of it is just well, so damn feminist. bleh. Then the Queer theory (yes there is such a theory) suggests that we need to realize that not everyone falls into these "typical" gender roles and "typical" sexuality and we need to embrace it. So those ones will also be easy to remember. Thankfully it's mostly multiple choice!

Ok, have a great night and if you are one of the many getting snow dumped on them, like we are, stay warm and safe!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Ugh, the snow!

Good luck with the junk yards!! I hope you can find what you need at a good price.