Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Virus

My computer has a virus or 50. I am not happy. I am hoping I can locate a copy of Norton Antivirus software, because, well, it isn't cheap to buy and not in our budget right now. But, I so need it. I need this computer especially for my Psychology class. I might have to break down and buy a copy if nobody I know has one that will work. I just hate to take more money out of our little "savings" fund that we need to get our own place. But, if you don't hear from me, take no worry...my computer just is on the fritz. I don't know how long it will hang on. I can only hope for the best.

I had my jewelry party and it actually turned out better than I had expected. You have to have $250 in sales for the party to qualify. I only had 5-6 people there so I didn't expect a turnout. Well, once she totaled up my orders, I had 269.00. For that measely party, I get $94 in free product. I am so excited. She also let me keep the party open for a week so I can try to get 6 more orders bc if I do that, i get even more free stuff (they double your hostess benefits for having 10 orders and 2 bookings..i have 4 bookings!). So, I know Jeremy's aunt called and said she would order, so I need to give her a call, then I need 5 more! I am hoping to find them. Because, free is a good price to me! Makenneh stayed for the party, against my better judgment. But, I am more than proud and pleased to say that she was so well behaved. I thanked her and praised her immensely, afterward. She helped pass out the fake money for the game and she sat quietly the rest of the time. Of course, when the show was over and we were able to try on the jewelry, we think she tried on every piece that was set out. She is in love with the jewelry and like her Aunt Carrie, she goes for big and gaudy! I swear Makenneh should have been my sister's kid! She likes the big and gaudy stuff, she loves the music, singing and playing guitar and she loves animals and farms and oh my. She also loves to be in the spotlight and show off...I'm in trouble, aren't i?

Speaking of that, my cousin said that Walmart is doing a fashion show and they need children to model the Easter dresses and such, so Ashley is signing Makenneh up for it! She would love it! Getting to prance around like a princess! She does it all the time. she loves to wear to skirts and dresses and she will prance around here asking if she is pretty?!

Ok, I have to keep this relatively short. I have so much homework/studying that it is making my head spin. I have two chapters worth of review questions to do for our test that is Thurs and I also have to study for said test. THen, I have a paper due for Philosophy..i mentioned this yesterday, didn't i? Yeah, well, as you can see, I need to be hitting hte books!

Keep warm and take care!

4 comments:

Ranni said...

Avast is a free anti virus software that scans and removes viruses.

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

Nothing gets rid of everything so get this, too. Looks for even more than Avast does, and Avast is better than Norton. (and this is coming from a former norton fan girl)

A-squared free (version 3.1)-
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

You can set both of them to run all the time for real time protection (keep your definitions updated) or customize when you want them to scan.

Other really good ones that I use (because my kids will get EVERY virus known to mankind on their pc) are Lavasoft and Spybot S&D. Both are free (lavasoft may have a pay version of their adaware so look for the free one) and do wonderful jobs.

Oh, and a super good online scanner to let you know what you've got, if you've got something, is the nano scanner. I don't remember if it removes baddies but it's free to use also.

http://www.nanoscan.com/

And quick. Norton, Panda, McAffe...they're not bad avs(es) to have but they're resource intensive. Avast isn't, nor is either of the spy/malware ones that I've mentioned here. A-squared is the most comprehensive of the ones in my comment when it comes to detecting baddies. Good luck!

Leigh Ann said...

I don't know your sister, but sounds like you're in trouble! LOL. Isn't it great when your kids act like the good kids that you know they are??? Yay! What a treat for her to be with the girls and adults.

I'd offer to place an order for jewelry, but I'm not an assessories person. Fashion and me are not friends! lol.

Hope the above info helps with your computer virus(es). Good luck and hope the computer sticks it out cuz I love reading your blogs. Makes me wonder why we weren't good friends in high school. Oh yeah, I had my head shoved up a boyfriend's butt. Ah, you live and learn. LOL.

Julie Q said...

AVG is free too!! http://free.grisoft.com/

Darn viruses. We get Norton free with our internet provider. We have AT&T.

Anyway, yay for Makenneh! :) I bet she'd love to model for that snow. My nieces did that for Fashion Bug a few years ago and had a blast. If she does it, get plenty of pics! :)

Glad your party went well! If I had a bit of extra cash, I'd take a look. But right now, nope. Too many birthdays right after Christmas!! :)

Julie Q said...

oops! show. I must have snow on the brain! he he