Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blessings

Some may wonder why I give even when I have little give. I don't question it. I know that even though I am down and out, if i give that last dollar bill to the Salvation Army bucket or weed through the stuff I have to help someone in need, that my needs will always be met. Maybe not right away, but I have never had to truly go without things I have needed. Recently, we found ourselves down to our last 30.00. Jeremy has been putting resumes/applications in almost every day, to no avail. I don't stress...I figure when it is time, it will work out and stressing about doesn't change anything. It won't make the process any better/faster. Well, not last night, but the night before, my dad's niece (who is actually same age as my dad and lives next door to us) called because her car had broken down. She wanted to know if Jeremy would fix her car and she would pay him. We agreed. Well, then that next morning (which was yesterday morning), my uncle, whom we have rather distanced ourselves from to save some drama, called to ask if Jeremy wanted to work with him because he has some big jobs going on and he needed the extra help. So, Jeremy has been working with him. It couldn't have come at a better time. Of course, the fixing the car thing isn't working out too well. She needed a belt replaced, which in a typical car would be about a 5 min fix. However, it turns out that in this particular car, it involves removing the wheel, the well, and a few other major things in order to fix. It turned out to be a couple hour ordeal. He got the belt replaced and car still won't turn over. His suggestion is check fuel filter/pump or for spark. However, to reach the other 3 plugs in this vehicle, you must remove a whole lotta things to get to it. It will be a huge ordeal. He is working on the approach to the garage, out in the car. There is no hoist or anything that fancy here..it's jacks and jack stands. He did what she asked...replaced the belt. The rest will probably have to be done elsewhere, in a garage with a hoist.

And speaking of cars, I have to take mine up to the tire shop today to have a different tire put on my rim. The tire on there is very bad. We don't have money to get new ones right now (has to wait until Feb), but we were able to use one from my old car. I hate having to take it up there myself, but it has to be done. I cannot drive the car until this gets taken care of. I will be heading out soon to get that done.

Mom is out doing her Christmas shopping again today. It is nice to just have me and Sebastian here.

Thoughts are all over the place. I can't wait for Christmas. I know the kids will be happy with the gifts they are getting and I can't wait to see their faces. For the first time since Makenneh's very first Christmas, she isn't getting a baby doll from Santa. She has so many already (figure, one every year from Christmas, plus any babies she has gotten from others for bdays, Christmas, etc and it adds up quickly...we have enough around here for n0w). When I went to storage, I realized that two large boxes right away were toys. I do so figure that we should just get rid of them, because the kids have since forgotten they exist and it is obvious they don't need them. I may go through them to make sure nothing sentimental is in there and then just donate them. I need to do it now, as many people could use toys this time of year. And some of those toys are probably barely used. It would be great if the weather would warm up a tad so I don't have to experience frost bite to get them out of storage though. The other day, while there to get the tree, my fingers were cold despite having my nice warm gloves on. IT is bitter cold.

Ok it's time to get off here and get going. I would like to get the tire taken care of before Makenneh gets home, so I only have to take one child, versus two. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I hope that things work out so Jeremy can get these odd's and end's jobs until he can get a steady one! I am disappointed that the snow is gone but it can stay gone now until the day after I get there so I can have a safe drive! Sorry that you all can't spend time together for Christmas! I know it is probably really hard on your mom!

Julie Q said...

Merry Christmas Christina!! :)

You give because you have a kind and generous soul. You have no idea how much you touched my heart at Easter time when you sent me that gift card from Walmart.

(((HUGS)))