Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

I am stealing a moment to type here! Stacy and I were able to get together today and we had a great time. Makenneh and I met with Stacy and her family and they treated us to games and rides at Huckleberry Junction (same place I had Kenneh's 5th bday party). I would have taken Sebastian, but when I asked if he wanted to go bye-bye with momma, he simply stated, "No thank-you, I stay with daddy." So, i left it at that, so that I didnt have to deal with any crabbiness from the crabby factory. LOL. Neither of us remembered our cameras, but I did get a couple on my phone, though they aren't the best quality.


Makenneh loved the kids and had a great time. She buddied up with Adrianna and of course, she loved riding rides with the twins. She did so well with them. And best of all, she was on her best behavior. I praised her to no end on the way home and again throughout the evening. I am very proud of her.

We chose to spend our New Year's Eve home, peacefully. We made pizza and are watching movies. Makenneh is already ready for bed. Of course, she had a few hours of good fun today, so it's not surprising. I am torn between keeping them up and letting them watch the ball drop or having them go to bed. I know that if they stay up that late, they are probably going to become monsters both tonight and tomorrow. So, I think I am just going to let the chips fall how they fall. But, I did notice that the Jonas' Brothers are co-hosting the show tonight and Makenneh has taken a liking to them. I know she would enjoy the show. But, I just don't think she will make it. We'll see.

For 2009, I hope things improve. I know as a whole, the economy isn't expected to pick up until later this year, but I hope that things will just improve for us, enough so that we can manage to get our own place and be comfortable. We are hoping to be able to get a place in February, when I get my student loans and financial aid reimbursements. I am a bit nervous about it, but we should have enough to pay up a few months rent and go from there. All I can do is pray that what is meant to be happens.

Well, Jeremy is out of the shower and ready to watch a movie, so I am going to get off here.

I wish everyone all the best in 2009!!!! Have a safe and happy night!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Hanna's a huge Jonas Brothers fan. :) If you want any music for her, let me know. :)

Sounds like a fun time! I'm glad you got to see your friend. :)

Happy New Year to you and yours Christina. I hope it brings good things to your family.