Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Semester wind down

Only one week left of classes. I am really ready for a break. Although, this semester seemed to fly by rather quickly. I have class tomorrow night, a "field trip" on thursday, then I should only have class on Tues and be down. However, i have a feeling, my wed night teacher is going to stretch class out until next week. So, i may have to go next wed night as well. Fingers crossed that I don't.

I wrapped up all the gifts today and sorted the stocking stuffers. Christmas is done for this family. it feels good to have it all done so darn early. I do still have to finish up some of the crafty gift baskets, though. but, the kids' christmas is down and ready for the tree, which needs to be put up yet. I am going tomorrow to wrestle my tree out of storage. It will be a chore, but it has to be done. I should take Jeremy with me, but it is just easier to stop there on my way home from school, as I pass right by it. I also didn't find Sebastian's stocking in the tote I grabbed. The rest of ours is in there, but not his. I am hoping beyond all hope that it is just in another one of the boxes, that i didn't grab. It was one of the last projects my aunt Dawn was working on when she passed away. It wasn't finished, so my mom stitched it together. It still needs the name sewn on it and the decorative things put on each side. It holds a lot of sentimental value because I was just about 5 months pg when she died and I was so upset because I had thought that SEbastian would be the only one in the family to not have a stocking (I had mine she had made me when i was a kid, she made Makenneh's and Jeremy's mom had made him one when he was little that ironically is very similar in style to mine). Then, as my one aunt was going through Aunt Dawn's craft stuff, they found it and I knew it was meant for Sebastian because we had discussed the colors I wanted her to use and it was that color. So anyway, I figure it has to be in one of hte other boxes.

My daredevil son did a stunt tonight that left him with a bloody, split lip. He climbed up on the roll-top desk and jumped onto our bed, which catapulted him into the totes stacked at the head of our bed, and it busted his lip open. I don't know if I will survive mothering this boy of mine. He has absolutely no fear. It is almost scary at times. a small dose of fear is healthy..it's what keeps us safe. So, he is sure to have one heck of a fat lip for awhile. After he did that, I got him a washcloth and cleaned him up and let him hold the washcloth, while I held him...we both fell asleep. He was laying in my arms like a little baby..it was so sweet. Won't be too long before he figures he is too big for that kinda cuddling. He already reminds us all the time that he is "huge". LOL.

OH and a sweet find. The other day when I went to storage and got some things, I found, in the bottom of one of the bags I brought home, some of the clothes Julie had sent up for Sebastian and the best part is, I found them just in time, as he is about in that size now. I have been blessed when it comes to clothes and such for this boy. I haven't had to buy him too many new clothes, because people have passed on clothes their boys have outgrown. And I have found his winter coat at yard sales, every year, in excellent shape and very cheap. Can't beat it. This year's coat, I had bought at a yard sale, for 1.00. It was missing the zipper. not the teeth part, just the part that zips it up. I took that up to my aunt bev on Thanksgiving and she repaired it and brought it back for our family christmas party this past saturday. What a bargain!!! And then Julie has sent up some very nice clothes. I have to say that everyone is amazed at how nice the things are that you send up here. Nobody can believe that the boots Makenneh is wearing are from your daughters and thay are all grown up. They are in great condition and don't even look dated. It's amazing. And certainly appreciated.

I am on a roll of sorts tonight. Guess Im trying to type through this massive headache that keeps bothering me. Anyway, my mother in law called me last week because they had a girl come in to rent an apartment from a shelter. I guess she was a victim of domestic violence and the police removed her from the home and sent her to a shelter. She was removed from her "home" with nothing but the clothes on her back and her 6 month old son. They have absolutely nothing. The mom works at Walmart and they paid to get her moved into the apartment and paid the first couple months of rent for her. They also took up a collection for necessities for her and the baby. I passed word along in my family and my sister in law went through Kaden's clothes and had a whole garbage bag of nice, name brand, barely worn clothes to pass on to her. Along with baby wash, lotion, powder, blankets, hats, shoes, toiletries, and a garbage bag of clothes for mom. My sister brought out things she had to donate as well, including a brand new sheet set, some washclothes and towels, cups, and other household items. my mother in law (either through work or gma's belongings) came up with a couch, table, chairs, end tables, entertainment center and some other odds and ends and they are going through emptied apartments that people have left things behind. So, it is coming together nicely for this lady. Hopefully she is able to make the fresh start she so obviously needs. Oh and someone donated a pack and play so the baby has a place to sleep. It is such a beautiful thing to see people do such kind things for others.

Well, it is time to get to bed. Right after I take some motrin for this headache.

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

That is awesome how everyone is helping that woman and her baby! I love that people are so giving and I think that this woman is going to feel so blessed! Good luck getting your Christmas tree out! Hope that you find Sebastians stocking! I know how important that is to you! Your Aunt Dawn was a very special person and I know you miss her very much!

Julie Q said...

I'm glad the stuff I could send is coming in handy! :) Happy to hear those boots are being worn again. We never got much snow here, so they weren't worn that much. You made me feel good today. Thank you. :)

Wonderful how everyone is helping that woman and her child. A wonderful time of year for a story like that.

Good luck finding Seb's stocking!! I hope it turns up!!