Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Razz my blood pressure

I posted an offer for my brother's dog on freecycle. He needs a loving home. We have tried all this before to no avail (even with rescue agencies) but I thought I would try again. Boy, did i get hate mail from one poster. I am so upset I could scream. She took it upon herself to assume we were cruel and should be charged for animal cruelty for having an outside dog. HEY lady....we DON"T want him to be an outside dog which is why I am posting him on here to find him a good/loving home. The alternative is taking him to the shelter where he will be euthanized. It may very well come to that because people are leary of pit bulls. I can tell him how wonderful and loving he is but most people are afraid of them. I admit I was until my brother got this dog. He is such a wonderful dog (and that says a lot coming from me, because I don't like dogs much). So, anyway, I do hope someone responds to take him because I want for him to have a home and a family. My brother doesn't exacty know that I have posted him, but he isn't the one who has to feed him, keep him watered and feel bad because he is outside when he is very much a family oriented dog. I lose sleep over it and feel so bad about it. So, i figured that seems how my brother will never be able to take him back because of their line of work (they run an adult foster care home which doesn't allow pets at all). He can't live outside indefinitely. Just doesn't work. And with 4 adults, 2 kids, a dog and cat (and her kittens at the moment), there isn't room for another dog in the house. There isn't room for the people without being cramped.

Other than that.....Tonight was our Christmas bunco. It was nice to get out and have some fun. I didn't win anything but did get to bring a gift home because we exchange gifts for our Christmas bunco. I got a candle set and a body spray set. This Saturday we have a Christmas party for my mom's side. We aren't exchanging gifts, just getting together for family fun. We are all going to bring our favorite games and spend the evening playing.

I think I am pretty much done with Christmas shopping. I have to get my mom something yet, but i don't know what. Most people are getting homemade gifts, as I mentioned before. However, my mom and I are doing them ourselves and it seems silly to give her the very things she is making alongside me. So, I am thinking about getting her some slippers (her feet are always cold) and then maybe doing up a basket of relaxing stuff of different sorts. I got my dad a Bible tote to put his Bible in along with all his choir stuff and other booklets and fliers and ink pens and such. I hope he likes it. He certainly needs one. He has a stack of stuff he carries back and forth to church. For my brother and Sara, I am doing up a Mexican themed gift basket with homemade taco seasoning, homemade fiesta dip mix, taco sauce, gonna put some taco shells, tortilla chips, and then some little dishes for the dip and taco toppings. I am also giving Sara a bath salt, body scrub, soap set. My sister and Ralph are getting a movie themed basket with a movie, popcorn, homemade hot cocoa mix, and then the bath stuff for my sister, some work gloves for ralph (bc i got them for 3/$1 on black friday). Jeremy's brother is getting a movie, soup in jar (he loves soup), hot chocolate mix, popcorn. I am so excited about this Christmas. I think making the gifts homemade and doing things like that are so much fun and make it all so much more meaningful.

Well, I am going to finish up on here and get to bed, in case Makenneh has school in the morning. We are supposed to get 4-6 inches or so of snow overnight...it started snowing, turned to rain, and then is supposed to freeze overnight. Sounds like it could make for trecherous roads come school time. Stay warm!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Freecycle in my area doesn't allow people to post animals. I hope you find him a good home. Yes, people are leary of pit bulls. Me being one of them. But someone might want him.

The gifts sound wonderful. :) I'd be excited about Christmas too.

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I am so sorry that you are having trouble finding someone to take Matt's dog! I hope that you can find someone for him soon! We are not even allowed to have pit bulls in our housing area!

Just an idea that I thought I would throw in-for Christmas every year we get my Mom, Mother in Law and Grandma calendars that we make at Walmart. We put the Grandkids pictures on them and they love them-it has become all of there favorite gifts. Each year they say not to get them anything and then I remind them about the calendar and they all say that they take it back because they want the calendar. I always get the one that is $16.99 or something like that! Anyway, just an idea for your mom that she might just love! Talk to you later!