Saturday, December 06, 2008

Busy day

we have two christmas parties today. One at 430 and one at 5. Going to be busy. We have been busy doing crafts as most of our gifts this year (besides for kids) are going to be handmade. It has been a lot of fun and we think we should start doing these for craft shows, because they are inexpensive and easy to do. Not to mention, fun. We have been making body scrubs, bath salts, soaps, bath oils, soup in a jar, hot chocolate.

It has been super cold around here lately. The temps falling into the teens at night and only rising to the twenties during the day. Add wind to that and it makes for a freezing experience. And i still need to go to our storage unit to get out Christmas wrap stuff and stockings and dig for Jeremy's winter coat. WE still haven't found that. Grrrr. I shiver just thinking about having to do that.

My sister went to her ultrasound appt the other day and It's a Girl!!!!!!! I am so excited. I would be excited either way. The baby is growing well and everything is going good. The only thing is she has been having wretched headaches the entire pregnancy and they get so bad she can't move. They last for days sometimes. Her OB sent her to a neurologist and they wanted to do an MRI. THe only thing is, in order to do an MRI, she would have to sign a waiver on the baby. The neurologist said that he doesn't think it is anything serious but just ordered the MRI to be safe to check for lesions or tumors or any other abnormality. But, after learning that they would have to sign a waiver on the baby's safety, they have declined it. They have been less frequent lately and hopefully with relaxation techniques, tylenol 3 in severe cases and rest, she will be ok. She is going to discuss it all with her OB when she goes back into him and I suggested she even discuss it with her family doctor (who used to do OB care until recently), to get more opinions. So, please say a prayer that everything works out. It is a potentially scary situation bc if there were something wrong with my sister, you don'twant to risk her health but at the same time, you don't want to tests that could be dangerous to the child if they could wait until she gave birth. Let's hope and pray it all works out.

I think that's enough for now...i have lots of things to get done before we hve to get ready for these parties! ENjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Christina-the gifts sound like so much fun! That is neat that you guys are making your gifts-that puts a lot of thought and love into them! I am so excited that Carrie is having a girl! This is my personal opinion and I hate even writing this on here for fear that Carrie may have to have the MRI but I am going to anyway. I have no proof of this but a few days before I lost Bryce I had an MRI done on my brain because of headaches and the fact that anyrisums (sp?) go along with my kidney disease and they wanted to make sure I didn't have one. I never had to sign a paper and was told that the test wouldn't hurt him. I know I don't have proof that caused him to die but the fact that nothing showed up on his autopsy and a sick feeling in my stomach everytime I think about it really makes me feel like that is what made him die! I am praying for Carrie and I hope that her headaches go away so she doesn't need any tests done. Please keep me updated on how she is doing. We need to get together at some point when I get there. I leave two weeks from today!

Julie Q said...

My sister in law had terribly headaches when she was pregnant. She had many other issues as well. Including her blood thickening and having to have her leg taken because of it.

They never did an mri on her though. They hospitalized her to treat the headaches.

I hope they let up for her.

Love the little girl clothes! :) I still say if Zachary had been a girl I'd buy him that dress! And my other kids remind me, he's a boy! ;)