Sunday, December 07, 2008

A sort of tribute

I don't even know what you would call this post, but it has been on my mind to put this out there for some time and it is time I do so. Every so often, we meet someone who inspires us, who makes our lives better just by touching it. These sorts of special people are often the unsung heroes of our lives. They don't get nearly the recognition they deserve. So, tonight (or rather, this morning, would you look at the time..it's after 2am), that unsung hero is getting some recognition. She probably doesn't even realize how amazing she really is. These types of people are humble. They are kind by nature, they don't do anything for reward or praise. It's done out of the generosity and kindness of their hearts. It's just simply who they are. She may not even realize how truly amazing I think she is. I have told her from time to time, but not nearly as often as I should. And probably not as adamantly as I should. The problem is, finding the words to express these thoughts without sounding almost creepy. LOL. But, seriously, this person has been a part of my life for quite a long time and we have experienced some of lifes greatest tragedies and joys together. Time and space has distanced us, but irregardless, I know that I could pick up the phone right now and call her and she would lend a listening ear, a helping hand, words of comfort. I know that should I really need something from her, she would do her best to provide it. I know that even if all the rest of the world turned their backs on me, she would be the last one standing on my side. I know that I can stand before her without being judged. I know that I have been blessed to have met her and know her. And I believe that through her (or in her) I can see God. I can see Him shine through in her very being. Her unfailing faith, her devotion, her very existence. Besides my grandma, I haven't met another person so full of faith. When most people would have given up, she goes on, knowing He will see her through. But that's not all. Most of it, I cannot even begin to put into words, because there are no words to describe. She is a light in a world that can often be dark and dreary. She is a gentleness in the midst of a storm. She is strength in a moment of weakness. She is peace in the midst of choas. She is a friend, a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister. And she always does her best to fill all those roles.

I seriously cannot say enough good things about her and I hope that she realizes how very special she is.

And in case she hasn't figured out yet who I am talking about, Stacy, it's you!!! My "oldest" friend. Oldest in that, we have been friends since 5th grade. The years have brought us tears and laughter, sadness and joy. We've come together and drifted apart, but I have always known that I have a friend in Stacy. I know that no matter where this crazy life may take me, she will always be but a phone call (or email) away. Her strength amazes me.

Stacy, I hope you know that you are an amazing person and that your very life is a true testament of God's love and blessings. I am thankful that our lives intersected all those years ago and I am glad to call you friend!

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Ok Christina-you are making me cry! You are a pretty amazing friend yourself! You are always there to listen to me when I need it and I am so glad that we have stayed friends through all these years. When people told me that through the years after High School that the friends that we had would all go their seperate ways I didn't believe them but then reality set in and I am so glad that we have been able to stay in touch and be such good friends even though I move all over the world. You have helped me through a lot of hard times and I am so greatful for that! I am also glad that we have shared our happiest times together-like being in eachothers wedding! I am so glad that it worked out for me to be able to be in Michigan when you got married! Anyway, thank you so much for all the kind words. It is nice to know sometimes that you can make a difference! By the way-I don't mind if you share the info I gave you with Carrie. I am still praying that she can go through the rest of the pregnancy without having to have the MRI done! Anyway, thanks for being such a great friend and I will be seeing you soon!