Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cavity Free

The kids had dentist appointments today. They both did very well. Makenneh was such a big girl, but I wasn't worried about her..she was the one totally excited to go. It was Seb I was worried about. It was his first visit (shame I know) and he is sooo shy. The pediatric dentist does not allow parents back, so I just assumed that would be the case at this dental office. I let Mak go by herself. Seb crawled into my lap and asked me to go back with him when it was his turn. So, I planned on it. I sat him in the chair and he looked around quite nervously. The hygeniest said she wouldn't use the mask and all because that can be intimidating to a young child. She didn't plan on doing much more than looking in his mouth. However, as she explained each step, showed him the tools she had to use and let him feel them, he allowed her to do the whole thing. She didn't do a flouride trmt though because if he were to swallow any, it was a guarantee vomit in the car on the way home. They got their new toothbrushes and toothpaste, plus stickers and a prize. And their pics taken for no cavities. Yay!

Then we headed over to sign Seb up for school. Boohooo! Hooray! Yeah, bittersweet. He is my baby. But he is also a big boy! The headstart program in this district does not provide busing, so I applied for GSRP program which does provide busing. However, while I KNOW we qualify for Headstart, I have no idea on the other. It is on a risk factor basis. The state tells them how many students they will have funding for for the year and then they have to assess each file and take the most "needy/at-risk" children.

Still waiting for the camera to make its way back here so I can upload pics. But, the basic rundown of our Memorial Day weekend included our 5 yr anniversary on Friday. We are too broke to do anything, so we just hung at home...he worked in the yard, me in the house. Nothing too special. Church on Sunday (we had 11 guests this week!!!) and then the annual family cookout at the local park. The weather was beautiful which is shocking. We have been doing this picnics forever and it seems to mostly be rainy/cold/windy. This year, we got sunny, warm, breezy. woohoo. Then Sunday night we had a bonfire, roasted hot dogs, made smores and the kids had sparklers. Uncle Matt brought over some bottle rockets for giggles. The kids had a blast and Makenneh slept in the tent with Uncle Matt, Aunt Sara and Kaden. She loved it. Seb had fallen asleep early because he is just naturally ready for bed by 8pm. 10 pm is really pushing it for him. Monday we just hung out, nothing amazing. It was a decent weekend. It just feels as if we have been sooo busy.

Makenneh and her team made their goal to win the trip to a Tigers game with the Church. That's even if none of us go to Church this Sunday because we will all be up north at my grandma's for the "work weekend"-when we gather as many ppl as possible to go up and help get work done around that house/yard. I am looking forward to it. This is the first year we are going. There will be lots of family, lots of fun and well, yeah, lots of work, im sure!

Jeremy hasn't worked yet this week because of the holiday and then weather. Lots of rain in the forecast and well, that means little/no work. I am hoping they are able to get some hours in so his first check will be reasonable.

Well, I am getting off here to finish my rounds and enjoy some peace and quiet.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

So, are you all going to the Tiger game? It is so fun to go! :)

If it's still the same, they allowed us to bring in drink boxes and small snacks for the little kids. Drinks (everything actually!) costs a fortune in there! You could probably call and find out if they still allow it. We haven't gone for a couple of years.

I hope they do pick up Seb! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I don't know how they choose who they will pick up and who they won't. I think some people lie to get them to pick them up.

Sounds like a nice weekend. Happy (belated) Anniversary!! :)