Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Part of my Mother's Day gift was the picture from the daddy/daughter dance. Finally. I had just emailed the teacher the other day asking about it. Such a cute picture...although I wonder why they didn't choose a more loving/close pose. It's as if they are strangers or something. Does anyone agree with me/understand what I am saying? But cute nonetheless. Makenneh takes after her mommy in the giving department. The gift they did at school wasn't enough. Oh no. Of course, it was the picture (which really, I paid for them and was getting them anyway; they didn't do anything special with them such as put them in a frame) and a card with their handprint and a saying, which made me cry. Those always do. It reminds me that they grow so fast. =( She also planted me a flower in Sunday school and had grandma take her to the store to get me something. She picked out a purse, which is quite cute. I love it. THen, she saw flowers and had to get me some pink mums. I tried to tell her that whatever she made me at school was plenty. THe most important thing was to be a sweet girl..that makes mommy really happy. But, it wasn't enough for her. She also had to get great grandma a plaque. She is so thoughtful. For all the mouthiness and stubborness, she is a very thoughtful child. She wants to get things for everyone at every opportunity. At Sunday school, they earn "sunshine dollars" for things like brining their Bible, attending, memorizing verses and so on. Then, once every few months, they have a Sunshine Store at the church. It is a bunch of stuff that is usually donated (new) or bought from one of the funds. The kids can then spend their dollars on the items. Every time they have the store, she buys for several people, usually not getting anything for herself. It is so sweet. This last time, she got something for me (lotion, a pink stuffed elephant, also a "mother's day gift given early), a bib for liberty and something for someone else. If she is at the doctor and offered a sucker because she had a shot, she asks for one for her brother, too.

Anyway, I just got a call from my brother and I am going to stop this post here..i will continue it later and then post it.

Ok, it's actually Monday now. Boy, I had a rough morning. I was supposed to meet Carrie at the doc office for Liberty's ultrasound at 745...i overslept....and woke at 8. I rushed around and got up there to at least be in the waiting room when she was finished. THe good thing is, she didn't get any news, as it was just the test. She has to wait to get the results from her doctor.

Anyway, I am stopping here for now because I am taking Jeremy and Sebastian fishing. Makenneh didn't want to go. Darn, I was looking forward to a day to myself.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I see what you mean about the pose. But it is a cute picture. :)

Zachary is that way too, in the giving department. They made two gifts at school this year though and he was happy with them. They are so cute!

No school today? Or am I confused? :)