Monday, May 18, 2009

He hears

when we pray...and in His time, He answers them. My brother called last night and asked to talk to Jeremy. He and his fiance manage an adult foster home, through a company that owns many of these types of homes. In fact, the family that owns all these homes also owns rental homes and some other businesses, I believe. Anyway, Matt called to see if Jeremy would want to work maintenance for the owner. They need another maintenance person. So, Jeremy started work this morning at 8:30am. It won't be full time necessarily, because it is an as-needed position. However, some days will be long and others short, and some days they won't work. But, it is so much more than we had. I am so thankful. It will help Jeremy feel better, because he has come quite cantankerous lately due to not working, stressing over money and such. He does best when he is working, keeping busy, making some money. Many have been praying that he would get work somehow in this rough economy....those prayers have been answered and I feel so blessed this morning. Praise God. I never doubted that things would work out because He has never let me down before. In my darkest hours of need, He has been there. He has kept my needs met even if by His own way, rather than mine. Sure, it would be easier if money just fell in our laps, or a super job landed on our doorstep. But, we have always had what we needed and have never truly gone without. Interestingly enough, Sunday's sermon was pretty much about this very type of thing. When Jesus was attending that marriage ceremony in which the host had run out of wine, Mary said to the servants: Whatever He says unto you to do, do it. And while the servants thought it strange to fetch water to fill the water pots and even stranger still to serve the governor of the party a cup of water....they did it. And behold, as the governor drank from that glass, he praised the bride-groom for saving the best wine for last. Our preacher went on to talk about the importance of trusting in God and having faith. If we seek Him, we will find Him, if we follow Him, He will see that our needs are met. And as the preacher said this, I couldn't help but think how true it has been in my life. That's how I can get through the toughest times. I know that I am not alone and that He will see me through. What a blessing!

On another note, Makenneh wanted to fly her kite yesterday. Well, I haven't flown a kite since, well, since I was probably her age. There is a technique required in order to get the kite in the air and keep it in the air. I have lost that technique or perhaps I never had it. I am sure that dad got my kite in the air and handed me the handle thing. Well, we tried, and tried, to no avail. It isn't as easy as it sounds. But, she had fun anyway and that's what counts. not to mention, running around, back and forth, well, it's good exercise.

Carrie goes to Ann Arbor today for a consultation regarding her impending surgery. I believe they will be setting a surgery date today and I will keep everyone updated. I do feel soo much better knowing that she is in the best hands. I was glad she opted for UofM hospital rather than staying local. It just seems that with something this touchy, it is best to go with the best! Please continue to keep her in your prayers as she undergoes this next leg of her journey. He is up there listening...because in addition to Jeremy's job, Liberty's jaundice seems to have gone away without the need for any further testing.

Well, I am off to hang another load of clothes on the line. Enjoy your day!!!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

U of M has taken very good care of my Amanda. :) I hope they take very good care of Carrie as well.

So glad Jeremy found a job! And yes, any job right now is a good job! I shall hope the work orders pour in for him. :)

I have found kite flying easiest on an extremely windy day. The wind just sucks it up, way up! So, if we have any more very windy spring days, try again. :) It is fun though, even if it doesn't go too high. :)

Oh and yay! for little Liberty! :)