Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More good news


Now, don't go thinking that everything is just honky dory around here, because it isn't, yet. Still plenty of room for improvement. However, Carrie went to her appointment today and they did a rectal ultrasound. Guess what?! That tear has been healing on its own. It is now about the size of a wire, the doctor said. So, the doc gave her some cream to use on it and wants to see her again in 2 weeks to determine if surgery will be necessary. Talk about a miracle. The doctor went over Carrie's charts from the OB and we learned that she had a 3rd degree tear with extension from delivery. The extension part means that the tear went into muscle. The hospital and her ob had been telling us that she had a 2nd degree tear. Nice. Thankfully, there is no damage to the sphincter muscle, which was a concern of the doctors today. Either way, the outcome is looking much more positive now. Thank you for your prayers and support and continue to pray that this medicine will work to finish the healing. That would mean no surgery required. Mom said the staff down there is so kind and compassionate. Much different from what we are stuck with around here. Not that all of the hospital staff is bad but it seems to be that nobody wants to go that extra step for the patient.

Jeremy survived his first day on the job. They are working again tomorrow. I guess they never know if they are working the following day until the night before or morning of. Yippee. But, I will not complain one bit, oh no i won't. They get paid every two weeks, which is a huge bummer right now, but at least, we know we will have some money coming in. If we can get through until the end of summer, we will be doing ok. Of course, if my uncle would pay Jeremy the rather largish sum of money he owes him for working with him, well, this would all be moot. We wouldn't quite be in this sinking boat. Not that we would be in a yacht by any means, but life would be oh just a tad bit easier.

Watching tv tonight, a commercial came on for lipstick.
Sebastian: Me want that!
Dad: No, that's for girls.
Seb: Me am a girl! (or however he worded it)
Dad: shakes head.

I didn't get to witness this first hand....but I had to laugh. I told Jeremy it's just that girls seem to have all the cool, bright, colorful, fun stuff. Nail polish and lipstick, and pink and pretty. what do boys get? LOL. He said, they get trucks, and video games, and tools. Yeah, well girls can have all those things too. See, it's just not as fun. LOL. I am quite sure that if given a tube of lipstick, Sebastian would do no such girly thing with it. He would smear it all over his body, the floors, walls, you name it. That's what he would do with it. Use it as his own personal paint stick. what fun mess that would be.

My uncle Ken gets to start work tomorrow, too. Must be in the air. The company he had been working with for several years cut their concrete crew this year due to the large contract they lost. So, instead of going back to work in March/April, he learned that he was out a job unless he wanted to take a substantial pay cut and go on the dirt crew. He was waiting things out to see what else he could do and luckily, a better job has come through. I am hoping it works out for him. The job situation here is just sooo horrible. I am realllllly hoping that by the time I get my degree, there will be plenty of jobs in my field. I watch the job sections all the time to see if there are jobs in my field, and there are usually a few listed. But, if I have to, we will move out of state, like soooo many before us have done.

Well, i need to get to bed, busy mornings now with him working! Take care

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow- I missed a lot of your updates while my Grandma was here! SO glad to hear the news about Carrie and then also about Jeremy and the job! That is so awesome and less stressful for you I am sure! Whatever happened about him and the drivers license? Anyway, glad that things are going well.

Julie Q said...

That is great news about Carrie. :) I'm so glad to hear that Christina! They are so kind at the U of M hospital.

Honky dory! :) That term made me smile, I haven't heard that in forever. :)

I do hope you can stay in this great state of ours. :)