Friday, May 01, 2009

I'm Addicted

So, a few years ago, when my sister and her husband got their new computer, Ralph found this game and became "addicted" to it. We used to tease him about it. Then, my mom started caring for Aunt Helen and while there, she started playing it and became "addicted". Again, I laughed. Recently, Jeremy was over there with the kids (he had taken them over to fish in the pond and swamp), he started playing it. He came home, downloaded the free trial and when that ran out, found a site where you can play for free, but have to deal with ads. So, he has been addicted. Did I mention that Ralph had to buy the game because he loved it so much? Yeah, well thankfully J found a free site. Anyway, so he and my mom take turns spending endless amount of time on here playing. Tonight, i caught the addiction. It's a silly game...Farm Frenzy. Seriously, it's about watering your animals, buying more, collecting their raw goods, sending them to the various areas to be processed, blah blah. But it is sooo addicting. I finally had to just close it out.

Well, I ended up spending almost 12 hours at my sister's. She is going to be ok, but she does have some stones and sludge in her gall bladder. They want it out. They mentioned, in ER, that they can sometimes do a dual surgery. She would go under, have one surgeon doing her gall bladder and one doing the repair work from her delivery. Of course, that is ultimately up to her OB, family doc, the surgeons, and her. It is two major surgeries though, so i don't know. Either way you slice it, it's going to stink. She realized and spoke outloud tonight that the cold truth is that she may not be able to continue breastfeeding. IF she has to have two back to back surgeries, that leaves her laid up for about 3 months. Most pain meds used after surgeries require a breastfeeding (bf) mom to pump and dump. If she has them together, it seems she is going to be double sore, painful, etc. It just seems inevitable. It's sad because it has been going so well for her (the bf, nothing else, it seems). It would require a lot of work and organization to coordinate everything. she would have to store up breastmilk, be sure she is keeping it well rotated and all the while, continue to pump and dump every day, several times a day.

I mentioned to my mom that Carrie may want to start supplementing with some formula in case it comes down to that. because, that night I had to feed Liberty the formula, she did not like and wouldn't really take it. I know that if she got hungry enough, she would eat. But who wants to put a baby through that on top of all other things that are/will be going on? I also think that Carrie should continue to pump at least as often as she feels up to it if she ends up going to formula, because as long as she has some milk coming in, she can always work on getting her supply back after all this is over. It is just a crazy mess and I feel so bad for her. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I just checked my grades online and only two have been posted....i got a 3.0 in my computer class (which I knew I would..i didn't complete the last two modules) and a 4.0 in Social Work Practicum. Community development and Agency Experience (SW) hasn't been posted, although I am quite sure I have a 4.0 in each of those classes.

My soon-to-be sister-in-law's bridal shower is in two weeks. It somehow snuck up. She had to have it now because June is packed with open houses, and July is busy wiht one weekend being the 4th and Kaden's bday another weekend. Then, August just cuts it so close with all the last minute wedding things to do. Especially for her, as she has opted to make almost everything...table decor/centerpieces, accent pieces, chocolate molds for candy for a chocolate table, butter molded into daisies, the wedding invites, you name it. LOL. So, there is lots to do. (maybe we should turn the bridal shower into a crafting party? haha).

Do you ever get going faster than your mind? I seem to do that a lot. I will skim things I need to read because really, I get the gist of it. What more do I need? I rush through tests, especially ones in which we have been given study guides because seriously, I already know the rest of the question AND the answer. So there! YEAh, well, that tends to bite me in teh rear sometimes. One such example is when I applied for my student loan for the next academic year, which begins with summer semester. Well, I failed to scroll to bottom of page and see where it has two options...one for the current (08-08 year) and one for next year (09-10). Instead I click on the link at hte top of the page to complete step one. Which is all returning loaners need do. I get a letter in the mail today taht they were unable to process my loan because I have to complete Entrance counseling program (I already did that). SO, Jeremy calls me at CArrie's and tells me. I go online, back to the college site to enter the loan site. I bother to scroll down this time and see those two magic options. I choose next year and proceed. I even go down to step 3 and redo teh counseling. I get home and read the paper and i see at the top it says academic year: 2008/09. Ugh. Sometimes I get so ahead of myself. Is that some sort of ADD or something? My typing is the same way. I will get going so fast that before I know it, my poor fingers are smoking the keyboard and yet still can't keep up with my mind. I get sick of backspacing so I sometimes leave the little typos it creates. I hope you didn't think I just couldn't spell. Spelling errors are a pet peeve. That's another subject.

The chicks are growing. Losing their downy and getting chicken feathers. They aren't nearly as cute...but we knew that would happen. They will be able to go outside soon. How nice. although I may just miss their chirping. it can be rather peaceful at times. Not to mention then the whole feeding them will become more of a chore. Right now it's all inside. Then it will be all outside, outback, in the back 40. No really, there aren't 40, but still...in the backyard.

I am rambling. do you suppose I need some sleep? I was up at 5 am, to rush around and throw clothes on and head out the door. Been a long day. But, Liberty was a sweet little baby and just slept most of the time. Except when she was eating. I did try to keep her up some, because I didn't want her to be up all night tonight. I know Carrie is goign to need some sleep. Sadly, Liberty had a good night last night and Carrie ended up up all night anyway with pain.

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I am still praying for Carrie and I hope that she can find a way to still breast feed! Thanks for keeping us updated on her! Glad that the grades are going so well!