Friday, May 15, 2009

That was fast...

I was sitting on the computer at Carrie's yesterday, around 1230pm, figuring I had several more hours of babysitting....and look up to see Dad pulling in the driveway with Carrie as a passenger. I couldn't believe how fast they kicked her out of the hospital. She was still pretty doped up with anesthetic. Dad helped her up the steps and then she went right in to bed and crashed. But, everything went well and continues to go well. She should be able to breastfeed now, if she feels up to it. In fact, the anesthesiologist said she could breastfeed later that same night if she felt up to it.

Both my kids are having severe mommy withdrawals. It is horrible. It would seem that because I have no classes right now, I would have more time...but I don't. I am always having something to do. Today, mom volunteered me to go with Sara to Detroit Metro to pick her friend up. That is going to take a good portion of the day. The flight comes in at 1230. Meanwhile, Makenneh tells me that she thinks I hate her and that's why I am never home. If that isn't a heartbreak, I don't know what is. Of course it doesn't help either that mixed into this, she has been such a brat. I have tried to explain to her that when she is mean and ornery, nobody wants to be around her. I have said that if she wants to enjoy people's company, she has to be nice and kind. I am going to work on spending more time with them because they do need it. But, I am also going to be firm with her, that if/when she starts acting like a brat, time is up. I am also going to have a talk with my mom about just volunteering others for things. She has a habit of doing this. It puts you on the spot when you are told, "well your mom said you would be able to do xyz." She does it to my dad, to everyone really.

I finished the baby blocks I made for Jeremy's cousin's babyshower. They are in a box, ready to be wrapped. But, I got to thinking that maybe I would just put them in a gift bag instead. We'll see. I hate wrapping.

Sara's bridal shower is tomorrow and we have to make mostaccioli for it. Mom is at Carrie's helping out and that leaves me. And I am going to be be tied up in Detroit all day. Mark my words on this. I bet I don't get back until later tonight. I am going to be chomping at the bit for sure. I was hoping to get the mostaccioli all mixed up and ready to go so that tomorrow we just top with cheese and bake until done. The shower is at 1, we are going to be at the hall at 12 to set up. So, it has to be done and ready by then.

Well, I am going to get off here and get some things picked up around here, while I wait for Sara to get here.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Wow, you are so busy! I hope your travels went well today. Construction is everywhere right now. It's a pain to drive around down here.