Thursday, May 07, 2009

Finally

Wow, I finally got a chance to sit down and blog. When i do get a moment to blog someone is usually on the computer. Over the past few days, i had some good blog fodder...however, now that I get to actually sit down and type away, most of the thoughts have escaped.

We took the kids fishing Tuesday, after Makenneh got home from school. It was a nice little trip. I packed us a lunch and we enjoyed the outdoors. Makenneh, for all the bug-loving she has done, seems to be scared of spiders and gets the idea that if she sees one, well there must be millions and "how many spiders are there mom? one hundred and fifty seven?" Yeah, probably a little more than that, if I had to guess. But, out of sight, out of mind, right? Ha. She also hates the tiniest little ants. She squeals like, well, like a little school girl. I don't get it. This is the same child who, last summer, had no bones about catching and holding cicadas. These bugs are absolutely ugly. Yet, she is fearful of teeny tiny ants. Anyway, they caught some fish and I took some pictures with my junky camera. But, wouldn't you know I didn't have my memory card in there, and either way, well, I don't have the software to upload the pics. I was so frustrated with that. The kids tends to be a tad more interested in playing with the worms rather than fishing. They are really only into the fishing when there is a bite/fish.

Last night turned out to be crazy. My sister and Liberty were over and Carrie started having another gall bladder attack. She started gathering up the baby stuff and said she had to GO. So, we helped her get everything rounded up and she is in tears with the pain. I mentioned that she probably should let one of us drive her home. So, mom drove and I was following. Well, mom was quite aways ahead of me because she got out of the driveway before me (lightw as left on in my car, I had to tend to before leaving in her car). As I get about 2 miles from home, i see 4ways on a vehicle pulled off to the side of the road and i just knew. I called them and mom said carrie didn't think she was going to be able to make it home and that they were going to pull into the parking lot of a salon a few miles ahead so carrie could breastfeed the baby before going into the ER. Well, a couple miles up the road, they swing into the parking lot of the used tire shop. I follow suit. The pain is so bad, she couldn't even breastfeed. She was writhing in pain, with tears. I hate feeling so helpless. She attempted to feed the baby and just started bawling, saying, "I can't do it, i just can't." It was sooo horrible. I could feel her guilt at not being able to feed the baby. I assured it was okay. It would be. She decided she wanted an ambulance, in hopes of getting to ER faster. While waiting for them, she tried breastfeeding (bf) again and was able to, as she sat on the ground, in the parking lot, rocking back in forth. When the paramedic arrived, he asked his questions, assessing the situation and explained that because it wasn't "life threatening" he couldn't run with lights and sirens and would therefore just be taking it easy and could get her there no faster than we could. He said, I am just telling you this because some people opt not to take the ambulance to save themselves teh money. He stressed that if she still wanted to go, he would certainly take her. Well, after hearing that, she opted to have us take her. Anyway, to make a long story short...Ralph arrives and they start to leave, then pull back in. She decided the pain was getting better and she was going to go home and see how she did. So we went back to her place for awhile. She took the pain meds and was able to make it through the night. She called the surgeon this morning and the family doc. Hopefully she can get her surgery scheduled soon. We think she is finally decided to go to the UofM hospital for her other problem (in her nether regions). We all agree that it would be best. That will take place after the gall bladder because they consider the gall bladder life threatening (ironic then that the paramedic didn't...hmmmph). Liberty goes tomorrow for the test on her liver to see if it functioning properly. She may need surgery. It just seems to be one thing after another. I know my sister is ready to break. I hate it. I feel so absolutely helpless. Something has to turn around, get better. Please keep Carrie and Liberty in your thoughts and prayers.

Well, I guess, I shall be thankful I was able to type up a post and now I will wander on to other things!!!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I was wondering how she was doing Christina. That is just so sad. She will get through this. It is good she has family behind her. I am glad summer is coming, so she won't worry about your school work and being able to help with Liberty. ((HUGS))

Too funny about the bugs! That is one ugly bug!

I know what you mean about computer time! Stinker Eddie stays on here sooo late!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Oh Christina-I wish that things were getting better with Carrie and Liberty! We are still keeping her in our prayers and she is also on the prayer list for my group at church!