Sunday, October 14, 2007

I am so lucky

This is where i gush about my hubby. He has been absolutely amazing. I thought with me going back to school, i would get a bit of grumbling about him being home with the kids almost every night (and for the first few weeks, it was every night). I figured wrong. He has done what has needed to be done so i can go to school. Granted, the dishes don't usually get done, but he does pick up the living room, feed the kids their snacks, does baths, whatever needs doing while I am at my night classes. So, then I figured seems how he has been so good about this, that I would surely get a lil grumbling when I had to be away for bunco, spa parties and all that that seemed to be going on...but no. He takes it in stride. Then, a couple of us from English have started going to the pub after class for a couple drinks, every wednesday. I was really sure he would grumble about this. No. He has just been amazing. Then, this weekend, just topped everything off. I feel like a complete and absolute princess. I have been sick. I have slacked on the housework because, i just don't have the energy to do it. It takes all i have to get me and Kenneh to school and Seb to my moms. Well, this past weekend, Makenneh stayed all weekend with gma. Saturday, I felt so lifeless, I just slept most of the day. I awoke from one of my naps to a very clean house. Complete with dishes done, laundry going, the kids' room cleaned. Wow. I was so happy. I am still happy. Add to this that it's that time of the month for me, yet we have had the most intimate weekend. Don't worry, no dirty details...we just shared affection with kissing, hugging, just being close to each other. It was so nice. We were able to reconnect on a level that has been shoved aside and replaced by day to day life. I fell in love with him all over again, this weekend. (ok, i fall in love all over again with him often). I mentioned to him how we haven't had any arguments or anything really since we moved. Just a few minor things, but nothing like the weekly blows we were having before the move. He said, you know, it's probably the fact that neither of us are any longer depressed about that place. He is right. Our marriage has grown so much stronger because of the bumps we have gone over together. There were times when i was ready to throw in the towel. And now, i am soooo glad that I stayed and saw things through. I don't know if it is possible to love someone more than I love him. My heart is ready to explode with love.

And now, I will stuff with the mushy love stuff. But, I just want to give him credit. He has been an outstanding husband and father and he deserves some credit. And you can bet your bottom I have let him know over and over again how much I appreciate him. Now, I just wanted to let the world now how lucky I am!

Kids are finally asleep...so i am off of here!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

:) I'm glad things are going so well for you right now.

I hope you are feeling better. :)

Have a great week!

The other me said...

Fantastic! I just know that the move and also the fact that you have such a positive attitude for school etc has to have made a huge difference.