Thursday, October 18, 2007

What is it about puddles

and little boys? Walking Makenneh to the bus stop this morning, Sebastian just had to jump in the middle of the puddles, splashing water up all around him. The ones he didn't jump in, he still had to stop and admire. HE was excited as could be. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Makenneh doesn't like to step in the mud or puddles..and will go out of her way to avoid them. Most of the time anyway. I can't blame Sebastian for his fascination, because, I can remember being a little kid and having a good ol time walking through mud puddles, barefoot. The feel of the warm,muddy water on my toes...oooh.

The weather is absolutely beautiful. The last couple days have been warm enough for tshirts. Love this weather. Not too hot, not too cold. It has rained most days, but even that hasn't been constant or too bad. Right now (and as has been for most of the day) the sun is shining brightly and there is a comfortable breeze.

One of the girls from Makenneh's class rides her bus and also lives on our same street. TOday, walking home from the bus stop, McKenzie asked if Makenneh could come play. Of course, Makenneh was all ears on t hat one and has done nothing but hound me since we got home. I had to finish dinner and now Im eating. The girl's dad is the one who got the kids off the bus and he didn't say anything...so I am not sure if i should take her. And then, i need to be getting ready for school and I don't know these ppl well enough to leave my child there, without me. Sooo, i think tomorrow is a better day. And they can maybe play here. I don't know where she got her social butterfly of a personality from, but neither her dad nor I are very social people. I am more so than Jeremy, but still.

well, i am off here to get ready for school. JEremy hasn't been getting home til 5 or a lil after because they have someone else riding with them and it cuts it close for class. It seems like he walks in the door and I just about have to be walking out.

Ok the kids have gone wild, gotta go

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I'd wait until the girl can come to your house too. You will never be sorry for being too careful.

Julie Q said...

Oh and puddles on a warm day are fun. :)