Monday, October 22, 2007

Where did the weekend go?

I slept it away. That's where it went. I think that because I am so sleep deprived during the week, i try to play catch up on the weekends. Just give me a pillow and blanket and let me be, thank you. And sleep is one of those things that the more i get, the more i want, it seems. Thankfully, I have a husband who lets me get my beauty rest. haha. The weather was beautiful, so this wasn't a good weekend to sleep away. Probably the last one like this. Today, it reached 79*. Sadly, i didn't step foot outside until around 7pm and only then to go to car to look for a toy. I haven't left the house all weekend. Well, friday i ran to walmart to get a few things we needed for dinner. Haven't been out since. It's kinda nice to not go anywhere. I did manage to get some laundry done (it is a never ending battle, so it's not all done) and i cleaned and did things around the house. not as much as i should have, probably, but better than nothing.

Remember me dumping pop on my keyboard awhile back? Well the keys to the far left are getting quite sticky. The shift key and tab key are a pain to use. If i hit shift to cap a letter, it sticks and caps the 2nd letter. So, i am sometimes just leaving the caps out all together.

My father in law and his girlfriend stopped in Saturday. We haven't seen them since jeremy's bday. Just as much our fault as theirs. Although i must say, we don't have gas to go anywhere. Enough to get me back and forth to school and Seb to my mom's and that's about it. By friday, it's on E and ready for the check to be cashed.

Oh and guess what? I missed my parent teacher conference appt for friday. I didn't realize it til saturday. Then, as i was doing laundry, i found one of makenneh's shirts with a paper pinned to the back. Opened it and it was the reminder from the teacher. Don't know how it was missed. I feel like a complete heel. So i will have to call the teacher to set up another one for this friday. Hopefully she still has an opening left.

Sebastian is growing up. He doesn't want diapers on much anymore. Unfortunately, that's a problem as he also wants nothing to do with the toilet. The potty chair got left at the old place, so we need to get a new one and see if he will use that. But, he likes to take the diaper off and put on big boy undies. hopefully he will be easier to potty train than makenneh. That girl had me thinking she would start kindy in diapers.

Oh, when i was filling out the paperwork for Makenneh to start school this year, i checked the box for info on counseling and behavioral health. the coordinator for our district called last week and is going to see what she can find out for me. I told her that I am supposed to be on anti-depressants but haven't been able to take them for a year bc i have no insurance. She said she will be sending me some info. Ya know, i am doing much better than i thought i would without the meds. More than anything, i probably need a pill to give me patience. They should make such a wonder drug. Think of how much happier the world could be. IF i had some patience, there wouldn't be much room left for stress, depression, irritability. most of all of those things stem from the lack of patience. I have been making a conscious effort to work on it.

ah patience make me think of my kids and that makes me think of something Makenneh did the other day...friday. She cleaned up the living room on her own without being asked. I was so impressed. I praised her over and over and even days later brought it up and praised her. That is sooo awesome. Sometimes, she does things like that that gives me hope for a better tomorrow. She can be so absolutely trying, but i have noticed that the closer she gets to 5 (waaahhh, my little girl is going to be 5), the better she gets. i just told Jeremy tonight that maybe 5 will be a good age. And at this same time, Sebastian is really hitting the terrible twos. HE loves to say no. Sebastian, leave that alone. NO! complete with the head shaking. And things like getting dressed is a game now. He likes to run off laughing. HE thinks he is quite funny. MOm doesn't always agree, though.

And to save hassles in the am, I am going to start getting their clothes out the night before. One issue with makenneh is her clothes. She wants to wear skirts with tshirts and mismatched outfits, you name it. Shorts when it's cold, etc. So, to save the hassle, i will get out 2 outfits, she can choose one. that way she can still feel like she is getting a choice and yet, those choices are limited and both ones i approve of. it's a win/win situation.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Wonderful news about your feeling better. I *thought* you *sounded* happier, but it is hard to tell sometimes. :)

Bummer on missing the conference. :( I'm sure they will reschedule and understand with your busy schedule.

My boys never wanted to potty train either. It was a battle with both of them. Ah well, it's a battle worth fighting. :)

Have a great week Christina!!