Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All done for now

With school. inhale-exhale. I survived my first semester back in college. And best yet, I survived with probably all As. At least 3 out of 4, for sure. I had my math final today and I am confident that I did well on it. Then, I went to English tonight and got my final back and it was an A+!!!!! All we had to do was pick up our paper and then we were able to go...so i headed to the Nite Cap with Shane, for one drink...a quick, fast one, bc he had to meet someone. In fact, i had to drink that Strawberry Long Island Iced Tea so fast, i got a major brain freeze. LOL. But, he paid for most of it (it's an $8 drink). Then, i headed off to walmart to get the gift for my niece and nephew (my sister's stepkids). They are doing their Christmas tomorrow night as a family because Chris leaves for GA to visit his mom and grandparents, on Friday. So, I had to have their gifts before Chris leaves. I still have several people to buy for. Parents, brother, sister and their spouses and then my new nephew. I know what I am getting him, so that won't be hard. The rest, im not so sure about. Probably get dad the Simpson's Movie, for one. And I found something for Jeremy's dad's girlfriend. It's a gift set..which I typically don't do, just bc the stuff in them usually isn't anything special. But, she loves candles and has them all over and this is a real nice candle set (that smells good...oatmeal cookie, caramel apple, etc) and done up nicely in a gift basket. It's hard to buy for his dad and dad's gf bc they have everything they want. She's easier than he is though bc she collects angels, so that is easy. But, they live in a 2 bdrm apt so they don't have all the room for all these endless angels. I thought about a gift card for a restaurant, but really, they go out to eat all the time anyway, so it's not anything special, other than they wouldn't have to pay for it that one time. But, i can't think of a single thing to get his dad. Jeremy can't either. Well, other than the Holiday Beer Stein, which we get him every year. But that's $15. I might have Jeremy call him tomorrow and ask for some ideas. Of course, it will get us nowhere, bc he will say, NOTHING.

I have to steal away over to my moms to get my wrapping done. It would be easiest without the kids, bc Makenneh can only handle it so long before she is banging and pulling on the door wanting in or wanting me to come out. Also need to come up with a plan to get it all over here without the kids noticing. That could be interesting. What I might do is wait til Christmas Eve...hopefully the kids will be tuckered out early (bc we will be at jeremy's dad's that evening) and I can go get the gifts then..after they are asleep.

Well, I am off here for now...gotta organize the day ahead of me so i can be the most productive.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are doing so well Christina. :)

It is hard to buy for parents.

I've been reading, but sharing the computer with everybody! Ugh! :) I miss my alone days already. he he