Saturday, December 01, 2007

Welcome December

The last month of the year. Snow. Christmas. New Year's Eve.

The snow has begun to fall outside...we are supposed to get more snow and freezing rain through the night. Yippee.

I have homework I need to be doing, but my mind just hasn't been in the homework mode. I am hoping that later tonight, it will kick in and I can get this stuff done and out of the way. The main thing I need to do is my Persuasive Speech. I chose Nursing In Public as my topic. I actually have the speech written out, but i have to do an outline and notecards. The outline is what's getting me. He gave us a general outline to use and I am just having trouble fitting my speech to the outline. I know, i work completely backwards. But, i just can't seem to do the outline first. I may rework my speech...scratch most of what i have, start with the outline and then fill everything in. I don't know yet.

I freecycled some of Makenneh's clothes today. I still have a bag of Seb's clothes to go and a fish tank. I hope someone picks them up, bc I am sick of the clutter and want to get it out of here. Trash day is Monday, but i seriously doubt i could bring myself to throw that stuff away.. I could drop it off at Goodwill on my way to class MOnday night, seems how the Goodwill moved next door to the college campus in my hometown, where i have most of my classes.

I got the Christmas tree up and decorated last night. Now I get to spend the next month keeping the kitten and the kiddies out of it. This year we just have a 4.5 ft tree and i sat it up on one of my end tables. of course, our living room chair is right next to the tree, making access more than easy.

Jeremy and I watched Spiderman 3 tonight. it was pretty good. It was nice to snuggle next to each other and watch a movie. of course, there were plenty of interruptions, as usual, but we have become used to those. LOL. The kids actually played quite well in their bedroom most of the time. Only a few spats.

Makenneh absolutely loves my MP3 player. My cousin was telling me that they have some at Family Dollar for about $12. That sounds good. I don't want to spend a lot on an electronic device like that for a 4 yr old. This way, when it gets lost or broken, i won't feel so bad. haha. I have this huge struggle every Christmas. I want to buy and buy for the kids. THe reality is, they just don't need all those toys. Bc on top of what we/santa get the kids, they have 3 sets of grandparents who shower them with gifts, 3 sets of aunt/uncles (2 of which shower them with gifts..one who gets one gift, usually...he is much younger..my brother in law). Then Great Gma and great aunts and uncles and my cousins who, most of them, get the kids gifts. So, as you can see, Christmas lands us with a lot of gifts. I have gotten each child one main gift and a few smaller gifts and i have a few more things yet to get them and of course the stocking stuffers. But, i can't help but think about all these other things i would like to get them, as well. But, it has to stop somewhere.

Well, the kids are settled in watching a movie and I am ready to try again, to tackle some homework. Have a great night and I hope that if you live in an area getting this winter storm, that you stay safe and warm!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

My Mom found an FP3 player at Kmart today for $25! Zachary has one and he loves it. He drops it all the time, but it's made for it. ;) I don't know how long that sale is for though. Or if it was just for today. Anyway, it's made by fisher price and it is great.

Hope your got your homework done! The box should arrive tomorrow. :)