Sunday, December 09, 2007

A moment to breath

ahhh. I have a moment. An unrushed moment. I got my speech done. I don't know for sure if it is exactly right. I don't see why it wouldn't work though. We have to do a ceremonial speech. Those can include tributes, eulogies, acceptance, farewell, graduation, introduction, etc. I decided to do a tribute to my dad. The thing is, i set it for just a general tribute..no special occasion. I focused on the recent events some of you may be aware of...something that happened that made me aware how lucky I am that my father's hands never brought me fear or violence but were loving and comforting. I emailed the teacher last night, but he hasn't emailed back. Hopefully it is ok. I might rework it a bit tonight.

I did manage to get some cleaning done this weekend. Every weekend, i am so exhausted from going gung ho all week, that i tend to collapse in a heap and do nothing while Jeremy is home to tend to kids. But, it will soon let up. ONly one and a half weeks left of classes. I will have a few weeks off and then start again.

WEdnesday i go sign up for my winter classes. I need to decide where I am going for my bachelors degree and then my masters. I think I will focus on that for the few weeks I am off.

Still working on Christmas. The kids are pretty much done. Of course, there are always things I want to pick up..it's a never ending deal. I do have to finish the stocking stuffers though.

Well, all hell is breaking loose, the kids are "fighting" so i am going to go!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

A great topic Christina. I hope it was fine, the way you wrote it.

It seems like there is always something to pick up for Christmas doesn't it? :)

We still need to get stuff for our Christmas dinner! I don't have a turkey yet! I'm holding out hope they will put them on sale again.