Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow Day

This is my little elf. He does the shoveling around here, when we get dumped on. At least, that's what I was hoping for. I found out this morning that he doesn't really do that. He just stands there looking smug as I shovel. (Because I won the "argument" with Jeremy over who was shoveling). Yes, we argued (in fun) over who would get to shovel. I was putting on coat and boots and he asked what i was doing. I told him i was going to shovel. HE said no, ill shovel. I said i will and back and forth. I went. LOL. Of course, when i came in huffing and puffing and out of breath, i was wishing I had let him do it. But it is so therapeutic to shovel the snow. Especially when it's the clean, soft, white, fluffy kinda snow.
They have already canceled school for tomorrow for many of the school districts around here. I have yet to know if they canceled college for me though. I have mixed feelings about canceling college. We only have two math classes left for the semester: tomorrow and wednesday. The final exam is on wednesday. so, unfortunately, if class is canceled tomorrow, we will sorta be going into our exam blind. I'm hoping that if class is canceled tomorrow that he will spend the first half of wed. class going over things....a review. Then do the test the second half. But, we will have to see.

We did get dumped on last night, with snow. Woke up barely able to open our front door. But, the roads weren't that bad by afternoon time. I was shocked when my cousin called to tell me that Makenneh didn't have school tomorrow. I guess we are expecting another accumulation of snow over night. I think Santa needs to bring the kids some sleds, bc here, when they plow, they have a huge hill and i saw kids sledding down it tonight. YOu know Makenneh is going to want to do that. That means she will also need some snow pants.

I'm starting to feel the weight of our housing issue bore down on me. As the new year closes in, I realize I am running out of time. But, it's hard to look for a place when we won't be able to do anything until we get our income taxes back. So, it's like, I can look right now, but nothing would be guaranteed to still be available in a couple months. We would love to rent a house, but the reality is, they are so darn expensive. Of course, if you add in the cost of a trailer payment and lot rent, i guess it would run about the same. Dad told me today to keep watching the paper bc they often will give away trailers for free bc they are so hard to sell. It would be nice to come across one that is free, 3 bdrms and in a decent area. But, that may just be asking far too much. The thing about that is, it would mean only having to pay lot rent, which would make it cheaper. There is a 3 bdrm in here for sale that we could buy with income taxes. The couple downsides to it is that it is a very old trailer and it needs things like carpet, drywall and the sort. I just don't know. But the man would probably be willing to take about $1000 for it, bc he has been trying to sell it for quite some time. He is wanting to move in with his friend. The other downside is, it would be best if we moved back toward the area we were living in. It would be so much closer for the guy who picks Jeremy up for work. I really don't know how Helen has remained sane through all of the housing issues. This is so darn stressful having your housing issues up in the air and kinda dependent upon other people. I cannot wait until I am done with school and can buy a home that is ours to keep to do with as we please. Someday!

Well, I am off here...the kids are still up. I want to run to the store to get me some coke. I am just craving some. And the only other thing to drink in here is our tap water and i just tried that. Blech! IT smells like bleach and tastes like bleach. Horrid. Most city water is not this bad. I swear they over chlorinate it. To tell you how bad it is, when I do laundry, I will open the washer to get clothes out and almost every time, I find myself searching for the spilling bleach, because it smells like straight bleach. Just give me well water, please. Cold, out of the tap, well water. Complete with all those nutrients and minerals and whatever else. They can keep the chlorine. If i wanted to drink pool water, why i would go to a public pool and bottle that stuff up. Hahahaha!

Hope everyone is keeping warm (Except Helen...bc she is sunny CA and we know she is staying warming)! For the rest of us, keep a snow shovel handy!

2 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Gotta love all the snow we just got!!

Julie Q said...

Our water doesn't taste all that great either. And last summer, we got a letter in the mail saying it tested kind of high for lead! So we switched to drinking bottled water. Now they say that is bad for you too! We can't win I guess.

I am loving the snow! So pretty and so fun! :)