Saturday, December 22, 2007

Temporary Insanity?

I think so. We went to my Uncle Ken's tonight for home made pizza. My sister and brother in law were there as well. Carrie brought her guitar and she played, we sang. Makenneh played the guitar and sang. It was a good time. We left just before midnight but weren't keeping track of time and had no sense of how late it was. WE left there and stopped at the movie store. I got this hair brain idea to run into walmart to get at least the gifts we need for the Christmas party tomorrow (which is now, today, as it's 3am). Well, we all went in. The kids were fantastic, despite being tired. We didn't get home til almost 2am. But, we did manage to get a few gifts out of the way. However, not the main one we need for tomorrow. Sigh. I will go back out tomorrow before the party to get the last gift. Then, somewhere in the mess of things, I have to find time to finish the rest of our shopping...parents and siblings. I did get my brother's gift tonight. A Buddy Holly Collector set CD. He should love it. I also am doing up movie baskets for each couple...a movie, popcorn, beef sticks, candy, etc.

So, I have to go back to the singing, guitar playing part. Last night, we Makenneh and I went to Carrie's for dinner and she played the guitar. Then, Makenneh had her turn. OH my gosh, she was so adorable and had us in stitches from laughter. She did the same tonight. This girl was born to be on stage and entertaining. I told everyone tonight that she is our retirement investment. LOL. She loves to sing "Smelly Cat" and it cracks us up. (Smelly CAt is the song Phoebe sang on the show Friends). She strums that guitar and sings, "Smelly tat, smelly tat, what did dem feed u, it not er fault." She is developing quite the fan base. LOL. Both nights, she will say, "Open the curtains." "Ladies and gentlemen..." "Close the curtains." "Tant tu, gentlemen." Aunt Carrie told Papa he needs to make her a stage. I said, yes and it can stay right at papa's. "in fact," I reminded him, "you have the perfect spot right there in your living room, in front of the bay window" Hahahhahahahaha! Carrie is going to ask the guy she takes guitar lessons with if he does them for kids Makenneh's age. She knows he has a 6 yr old student, but not sure how young he teaches. She would love it. I will post some pictures of our self proclaimed rockstar, as soon as Carrie gets them developed (yes, she used the old fashion camera).

I am getting quite excited for Christmas. I am not looking forward to his Christmas party tomorrow bc, as usual, it's at his aunt's and she is just a flighty, bitchy person. She complains that everyone is in her way in the kitchen, then bitches bc nobody is helping. She can be downright miserable. I can only handle so much of her, before I am ready to pull my hair out. I understand now, why her husband has a small living area set up in his pole barn. To escape her nagging. It's horrendous. LOL. And this year, instead of drawing names, they are doing this gift game (there is a few diff names for it, but none come to mind). We have to buy a general gift...we will draw numbers and pick our gift in that order...then you can take a gift(trade it i guess) from anyone who goes before you. So, the gifts kinda need to be gender/age neutral. makes it a bit trickier. For one of the gifts, I bought the game Apples to Apples. I love that game (and am getting it for Christmas...lol). For the other, i am not sure. I am thinking of getting one of those liquor gift sets...they all pretty much drink and well, it's hard to think of things. I know they used to commonly give these type of gifts, so that won't be a problem. I will say though, that I wouldn't probably want one myself. Of course, I could do up another movie basket, but instead of a movie, include a gift card for Blockbuster, seems how you never know who has what movies. Hmmm...i might just do that.

Well, I am exhausted and have lots to do tomorrow before the party, which is at 3pm.

Have a great holiday weekend and be safe! It's crazy hectic out there!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Oy! And we have to go out today! I'm dreading it, but it's for my oldest to shop and she's still sleeping!

Cute she sings smelly cat! :) Zachary has a little guitar he strums on all the time! We have thought about lessons, but we don't think he is big enough to hold a real guitar yet. That is why we bought him the electric drums to beat on for now. He too is a music lover. :)

Leigh Ann said...

Because our budget was tighter than we'd like for Christmas, we created movie gift baskets for most of our family members. Everyone actually loved them. A movie, popcorn, theater candy, and even a "ticket" offering kid-sitting services so they could enjoy a movie night in. So, anyway, I'm commenting because it's cool that we had the same line of thought! Me and my husband are such movie lovers.