Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I survived

The first day of classes wasn't too bad. The parking sucks at main campus as I have complained (errr, whined) about before. And this building is much larger and more maze-like than the building I had to go to last semester. But, I found my class, waiting patiently in the hall with my classmates, for the teacher to arrive and unlock the door. This was something new to me, as last semester, the doors were always left unlocked and we just entered. Anyway, the classroom itself sucks. It is small, cramped and stuffy. Bleh! The desks are tiny..our book covers pretty much the whole thing. But, the instructor seems very nice and organized.

My evening class, Philosophy of Ethics...the jury is still out on that one. It's going to be a lot of lecture...tail chasing, unanswered questions..that seems to be what Philosophy is. He spent almost the entire class time (2 hours) chasing a subject round and round, yet getting really nowhere. I had to fight to stay awake. This may be a long semester. LOL.

I have tomorrow (or rather, today, it is well past midnight) off. No classes. I am still up bc i am submerged in this good book i started reading yesterday. My cousin brought it over for me, bc i like to read. It's Street Lawyer by John Grisham. I have to admit that this his first book I have read and I rather like it. OK, i love it. I have barely been able to put it down. I started it last night and read to chapt 18. I picked it up again tonight and am at 36.

I am off now so i can bury my nose back in my book!!!!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

So far, the two colleges Amanda has gone to, the parking just sucks. Students have to park so far away!

She lives in the apartments and they are so far from the buildings. But even the students that live there with cars, walk because it is faster.

I'm glad you survived the first day back. :) It is hard isn't it?

Hope you got some sleep! I love a good page turner myself.