Saturday, January 26, 2008

My husband rocks!

But he's still on my shit list! LOL. He rocks because he cleaned like mad after he got home from work. He is on my shit list because he didn't go with me to my parents' for dinner. He never likes to go anywhere. He sucks sometimes! Oh well.

So, we're approved for both the park and the loan, however, it would make our payment double what we pay now and that's just not gonna work. We were gonna go with a cheaper home (like, half the price of the one we applied for) and just pay cash, but the damn thing sold today! Doesn't that figure? So, now we are kinda back at square one. I just wanted to bury my head in the sand earlier. I feel a bit better now. I just want to get this whole move thing done and out of the way and over with. I want a place to settle into and call home. OH well, such is life. Brush myself off and go at it all again starting Monday. All I can do.

I filled out my app for next semester's financial aid. I got my SAR today via email. Woohoo. I am hoping i can get a loan soon. It would be a great help, that's for sure. I just can't wait til all this is done and I can move on to bigger, better things in life. But, the bottom line is, these are all choices i have made and I have to deal with them and work through them. Can't go back and change things, just learn from them and do the best we can to move in the right direction.

My dad got laid off today. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. One of the guys is going to fight to get my dad back, asap and actually, he won't know for sure if he is laid off until Monday. I mean, they told him he was laid off yesterday but came to him today and said that they were trying to get him back on. So, he is in job purgatory, i call it. The stinky thing is, unemployment is only a portion of what he makes when working and well, it will put them in a tight bind for sure. Especially if the lay off lasts any longer than a few weeks to few months. Of course, my mom is a basket case. She always expects doom and gloom and that's all she sees. I think it's almost impossible for her to see the positive or be optimistic. And it seems, the older she gets, the worse it gets. I am so thankful i get my life outlook from my father. WE just take things in stride. Yeah, i might stress over things, but not for long. IT is what it is. There are some things we have control over,others we don't. The things I can't control are not worth stressing over. I have learned one thing in my life...everything always works out. it does. And I have to sort of chuckle, because I have taken on a more liberal stance in life than my very conservative upbringing. My mom questions my thoughts/ideas/feelings and even worries about my faith sometimes. The truth is, as I told her, I probably have more "faith" than she does. AT least, I certainly trust mine more than she does. I know that God has a purpose for me and that He will also carry me when i can't carry myself. So many times He has. It takes a certain amount of blind faith to see the hard times through. You have to surrender control and hand it over to God.

*********Intermission while I played several songs on Guitar Hero III********************

That's my little guilty pleasure. I am not so good at it, but I love to try. I have finally been able to actually finish songs with 80-90% accuracy. But, boy do my fingers, hands and wrists hurt! I do not know how those ppl can play that for hours on end without being in pain! And I play on easy...couldn't imagine if my poor fingers had to attempt to move any faster than that.

I know I should definitely be in bed. But I am rather enjoying the complete silence that surrounds me. Knowing i can be as loud as i want (well, within reason...Jeremy is sleeping) and not have to worry about waking kids. But, why would I want to be loud and shatter the perfect silence that I am rather enjoying? I wouldn't, so that's why i sit here, quietly. And the area around me is clean, for a change. I love when he cleans. It is such a great feeling to be able to enjoy a clean house without having to be the one to actually clean it. Hmmm, though, i wonder just what it is that he wants? LOL. I'm really teasing, bc it's not uncommon for him to get a wild cleaning hair up his you-know-where and go through and clean like a madman. I don't get in his way when he feels this way. I usually find somewhere to be, usually within a different zip code! I take the kids of course, to facilitate his urge to clean. Wouldn't want any tiny creatures to bring a halt to his efforts, now would we? Sometimes, i stay and help him though. It depends how in depth he is and the mood he is in. Tonight, i already had plans for dinner at my parents, so he was on his own anyway. If he didn't want to clean, he could have gotten his ass ready and went with me! Hmph! LOL. I am really over it now. I was a bit angry (just a little bit, seriously) earlier. But, it's hard to stay angry when I sit here enjoying a clean house.

Well, my eyes are gooping and watering and begging me to remove the contacts and let them rest. I shall listen to them. If i can draw the strength and energy to go take contacts out and go to bed. Hahaha. If that isn't the epitome of laziness right there, i don't know what it.

I hope you all know that I am being somewhat sarcastic, suddenly. Don't know where it all came from, but it's there. I am making myself out to sound like quite the lazy cow. My poor husband has to come home from a long, hard day of work to clean and slave away in the home while I am off playing. Really, it's not as it sounds, I promise. And I have had to put in a good bit of work to get him to this point. It hasn't been easy, I'll tell ya. I started out with simple reprimands, but then those were working, so we moved to a pretty pink leather whip thing....well, turns out he enjoyed that. Next step was the cattle prod. That'll get anyone moving, trust me! So, he has learned to just do what will make me happy because, "A happy wife equals a happy life." Hahahhahaha! Joking. I don't brow beat him into doing much of anything. He is quite a stubborn mule, truth be told. Sometimes he is too stubborn for his own darn good.

Yeah, it's way past my bed time. I am spewing off some crazy talk. I kinda find it rather amusing though.

Oh and before I forget (bc i do forget a lot), Leigh Ann, the reason I had a home visit through the school is because Makenneh is in HeadStart and they require 2 of them per year. I am not exactly sure as to the reasoning behind it, but that's the deal. Most likely, it could be because HS deals with families with low income or children with need. so, they probably figure they should come out, check the place out, make sure the home has electricity and running water and all that. No, really,i have no idea. i would like to think that there is some legit region why they do things this way.

OK, eyes are going crossed and drool is about to start a-coming~!

Good Night all!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I am positive that HS is just checking out the home situation. It is a good thing they do. :)

My husband will only do the dishes and the laundry. Which isn't always great, but I will take what I can get!

We have to fill out fafsa for both girls this year!

So sorry to hear your Dad was laid off. That is not good news. Will definately keep him in my thoughts!!

The other me said...

Just have to say Hello quickly, I am reading just crazy with yet another move, all over tomorrow, thank goodness! I hate to even read about moving, my heart goes out to you! You are doing so well with school, well done you!