Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

And so it is...another year gone, a new one begun. Mine started out with a severe headache this morning. Bleh. It couldn't have been from drinking because I didn't really drink last night. I had 2 or 3 shots of tequila around midnight, then when we got home, i made a margarita and drank that. I think it may have been the combination of the few drinks, the way I slept, my sinuses, coughing all night, etc. Several ibuprofen and a hot pack later, the headache is being held at bay...just threatening to come back full force is a bend over, yell, cough too hard or otherwise cause any strain to the brain...lol. And good luck because Sebastian has decided to start the year off whiney. He wants to play Guitar Hero and well, dad says no and so it's not good around here. We have a little boy throwing a terrible two tantrum and mommy with a head threatening to ache and it's not the best combination.

Jeremy and Makenneh played outside this morning. Jeremy shoveled the six or so inches of snow we woke up to and shoveled it into a mound....then he made it into a snow fort for the kids. Makenneh loves it..she was out for quite some time. Sebastian was out for a bit, but he doesn't seem to be as much the stay-out-in-the-cold-snow kinda kid. At least not today. OF course, today, he is more concerned with getting into dad's video games. I curse those things, i really do. And silly santa thought that if he brought the children new games for their Vsmile, the kids would want to play their age-appropriate games and leave dad's alone. However, Sebastian is all about the Madden football on dad's xbox and the guitar hero. And so here he is, once again, to whine at my side, wanting the guitar and to play the game. *sigh* Is it time for school to start yet? Can he start headstart yet?

For 2008, I have no expectations. I had high expectations for 2007 and well, by February or so, found it to be disappointing. I really went into 07 excited for great things. This time, not so much. Whatever will be, will be. The new year already will mean finding a new place to live, continuing my education, Makenneh will start kindy in the fall, Seb will start headstart in the fall and boy oh boy..we will all have our days filled with places to be. My mom had asked what I will do with my free time when Seb starts school....my reply? I will spend it at school. LOL. I have to admit..part of me would love to spend those few hours at home, all alone, with nothing in particular to do. But the other part looks forward to going to school and not having to worry about babysitters for him. Will be so nice. And of course, I will probably get a day or two a week where I will be home with no kids for a couple hours. Or, knowing my luck, it will end up to be that Seb goes to headstart opposite of Makenneh's kindy schedule and well, I will still have babysitter dilemmas...lol. We are hoping to move back to the town we were living before this move, because it is easier and best for Jeremy's ride to work. So, there is always the possibility that Seb gets put in the eve. headstart, like Makenneh had. I'm hoping that isn't the case, though. The school district we are in now, they would both ride the same bus to and fro and therefore, be gone the same time. That would be nice.

So, how did you spend your New Year's Eve? We ended up going to my uncle's and playing games and just hanging out. The kids had a great time. IT was kinda boring for us, though. My uncle's gf is so anti-social and it just makes it uncomfortable for everyone. Jeremy and I sat at the table, playing Apples to Apples with the kids and my uncle, his gf and their house guest (my uncle's friend who is living with them for now, due to divorce) sat in the living room watching movies, for the most part. I tried several times to get everyone involved in the game, bc the more players, the funner it is. But, they didn't wanna, i guess. Oh well.

Makenneh goes back to school on the 7th. I go back 14th or whatever day is the monday following the 12th. For some strange reason, the college has the start date at jan 12, which actually falls on a Saturday. Don't ask me why they did that. Strange.

Anyway, that's it for now. Hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve and may everyone have a happy, healthy 2008!

No comments: