Saturday, January 19, 2008

Only have a minute

I haven't really been online much in the last few days. But, I wanted to post real quick. My sister got another opportunity to sing with a local band on stage! It's her favorite band and she even received guitar lessons from one of the members. Now, this will be her second time on stage, singing with them. We have rallied up quite a bunch to come out and support her. She loves her music and dreams of singing on stage (beyond her regular karaoke). This is like a dream come true to her. I am so proud of her! We are going out to show our support tonight. So, it's a double winner for us..a night and getting to see my sis perform live on stage. Granted, it's at a local bar, but everyone has to start somewhere. Some day we just might see her name in lights. Although, to be honest, I don't think she has intentions or desires to be Nashville big or anything..she just thoroughly enjoys singing and wants to make that a part of her life....sharing her music.

And school for me? Let me puke. I sat in my Psych class (did i post this already? i swear im losing my mind) ready to break. I was soooo nervous about this class. It is going to be a real college course, for sure. None of that slackin off and pulling a 4.0 for this class, im sure. WE have a huge Scientific Methods research project that if we don't pass with a 2.0 or better, we can't even pass the class,period. Wow, talk about a lot of pressure. I was really freakin out as I sat there thurs. As the night went on, I relaxed a bit, because I see that the teacher is really willing to work with us and she is going to take us step by step through this process. So, i think it will be ok. Still a lot of work, but doable. She said right in class, and has it written in her syllabus, that this course does require 3-9 hours of homework/studying, aside from the time spent in class. IN fact, the actual idea is that for every 3 credit course, you should plan to spend 3-9 hrs outside of class. Yikes. Start doing the math on that. I have 4 3 credit classes. Multiply that by 3-9 hrs each. Let's take 6 hours as a medium. 4X6=24 hrs. Thats on top of the 12 hrs or so spent in the classroom. That's a full time job. Add to that having a husband and 2 kids and all I have to say is that any young kids reading this need to take this into consideration. Do college while you are young and have far less responsibility. It is so much easier. I will admit that i feel some anxiety about it all. I know i can do it and i just have to take it one day, one class at a time. I just can't help but stepping back and glancing at the whole picture. Of course, it's when i do this that I feel the most anxiety.

Anyway, i said i had a minute and well, ive used several. Time to go check my pants to see if they are dry.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Amen to that! I've thought about going back to school (as I've mentioned) but I'm tired! I just don't know when I'd have the time with four kids (yes even the big one!) to run after and a husband.

Stay in school. It is honestly easier when they are younger. I never thought about it when my older three were younger. It just never occured to me. And now, if I ever go back, I'm going to be older for sure! I just don't think I ever will though.

I think homework varies by person, how long it will take. Hopefully Jeremy will continue to help you. :) Also the people that help with the kids. :)