Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Can you hear that?

~It's the summer sounds of night. The insects and frogs (?) making their nightly music. It is beautiful. Much like the sunshine and warmer temps. I am in heaven.

~Makenneh reading. She is getting better and better. We read each day and she continues to amaze me.

~Daddy reading to the kids - Love You for Always (I love this book). I was doing dishes and cried while washing them...this book always makes me cry.

~Sebastian's belly laughs. From deep down inside. Such a beautiful sound.

~My printer working. Lost the disc and had to hunt online and fight with downloads and steps and all kinds of hassles but it is finally working again!

~Snoring....my hubby fell asleep before the kids, I think. They were all sound asleep by about 830pm.

~The clock ticking away the seconds. It is that quiet right now. Everyone asleep. Ahhhh.



It happened again that I had a great title and fun post, but when it came time to type it, i had lost it. Go figure. But, I have all kinds of things to say tonight. First, please pray for my sister and that bun in the oven. She was put on bed rest Monday and will remain on bed rest until she delivers because she has pre-eclampsia (is that how it's spelled). She has about 6 weeks to go. She has to do 24 hour urine collection and take in to be tested. She goes in tomorrow (thurs) for an ultrasound and then goes in friday to her OB. Mom is completely freaked out, so while you are at it, please pray for her some peace. She is a wreck. She always jumps to the worst case scenario. I feel that while it isn't optimal, she is at least closer to her due date, she is able to be on bedrest, and if she follows the doctors orders, she should be ok. Her blood pressure has been normal, so that is a plus. Today, she actually had ankles. For a few weeks now, her feet and legs would swell so bad you couldn't see her ankle bones. IT was horrible. But, after these couple days of low sodium diet and bed rest, she is already improving. However, she could still use the prayers, because it is going to be a long 6 weeks when you are bedridden, as some of you know from experience.

On a brighter note, I got my mid-term back today in Community Development (the test I was severely stressed over) and i got 104 out of 100. Go me! I was so pleased with myself. Tomorrow I have my presentation in that class and I am finally ready. I had to put everything off til the last minute because I wanted to clarify a few things with the teacher before I jumped in. Thankfully I did that. I don't have to do a poster board, as I was thinking. I put together some papers I will hand out to the class, and then I just have to say my stuff and be done. He is rather easy to please. the two students who went on Tues both got full credit. I can do at least that well on mine. Whew!

The class I needed to take is not offered in the summer, so it looks as though I will be here for another year finishing up my degree. Grrrr. But, there is not much I can do, so I will relax and enjoy the ride!

The kids' bdays are sneaking right up. This year it is a bit stressful. I know Makenneh wants a bday party with her friends. No big deal. Except the weather is too unpredictable and it leaves few options (most of which are costly). Having them here is not an option either. To add to it, her bday falls two days after Easter, this year. I think I have decided to have it at McDonalds. I won't need paper products or food and I can just bring the cake and debit card and call it a day. they can play in the play area. I think I will let her invite up to 8 friend (seems how most things come in 8 for parties), buy a few trinkets and call it a day. then, I will probably do something here for family, just because that's usually how we do it in our family...have parties every year when they are younger. I do think after this I will take a break for a year or so (or probably not because next year Seb will be 5). I am just so over the parties. I know it sounds awful, but they end up costing a fortune, the kids get a bunch more toys they don't need (although with family, I am usually blessed in that they aren't afraid to go with clothes or other things that are needed). I really dislike that their bdays are so close together. But, it wasn't planned and it is what it is. Make the best of it. I do think after Seb's 5th, we are going to switch to just cake and ice cream with the family. maybe have a few friends here and there or something.

Well, I am off here to finish my rounds and head to bed. it seems I have ran out of things to say that sound the least bit interesting.

Oh yeah, Stacy, you can send me their names (you can email if you would like - masehow@yahoo.com) and I will have her add them to the prayer list.

And now that my printer is hooked up, it will be easier to share pictures, because I can just put the mem card in my printer. Beats dealing with cords and cables. but, must save for another time. 'Night all!

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Woo-Hoo! Congrats on the test and I know the presentation will go well! I am so proud of you and how you took the initiative to go back to school and get a degree-I don't think I could do that-my brain just doesn't work the way it used to and I have forgotten so much that it is hard to help Michael with his homework! I tell you Christina I was so worried about Justice because I didn't plan a party with his friends but he said it was his best birthday ever. We went to Shari and Erics and did a movie the night before (technically for Jordan's party), then the next day we did presents at her house, went to CiCi's Pizza for lunch and cake and then took the kids to an indoor playplace. He loved it but I think he liked it even more because it all was a surprise (mostly because the weather changed on us so we didn't know what we were going to do but he didn't know that). Maybe you can do something like that surprises that will make it fun and it doesn't have to involve anyone but family!!! I will email you those names-thanks!

Julie Q said...

Because of just being plain broke, we've never ever had a party for our kids. :)

I'm glad you had such sweet sounds. Ah, gotta love when they are asleep by 8:30!

Congratulations on the test! :) You are doing so great! I am so proud of you! :) Bummer that the class is not being offered when you need it. That is frustrating.

Will keep your sister in my thoughts. You are right, she is closer to her due date than a lot of babies that do survive. :) Of course the longer she goes the better. :)