Sunday, March 15, 2009

Now the weather gets nice

I have had this past week off school....spring break. It was cold, rainy, snowy, dark and dreary. Today is Sunday...the last day and now it gets nice. I will not complain though. The sun is shining bright and I can go out in short-sleeves and be comfortable. I am happy!

The past week or so has been sooo busy, I don't even feel as though I had a break. I worked every day at the senior center, banking those hours. I have reached the 50 required hours and everything I do now is just banked towards next semester's hours. This week, I will be flying solo, as the Social Worker is out of town for a convention. I will be on my own. I will collect more of the applications for medicare assistance and then I have to put them all in the computer, make copies for our records and then take them down to the Valley Area Agency on Aging so that our center will receive credit for them. Then, I have some loose ends to tie up on a couple cases and that's about it. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Do you believe in miracles? Do you believe in prayer? Well, my cousin, Rachel, has been trying to get pregnant since her wedding back in October. She has been unsuccessful. She started to feel stressed about it, worrying that it may not happen. She had gotten pregnant once before and had a miscarriage. She is diabetic, so it adds risks. Well, her sister just announced a couple weeks ago that she is pregnant. Rachel was hurt. She was happy for her sister, but sad that it hadn't happened for her yet. My mom and dad told her that they would put her on the prayer list at church. One of the ladies who does prayer meetings and also prays for others on her own, has said that every woman she has prayed for fertility for, has gotten pg within 6 months. Well, they told the lady at church about Rachel and asked for them to pray for her. We marked the calendar, to see. YOu can only imagine my response when Rachel called yesterday morning to tell us she is PREGNANT!!!! I am so happy for her. I could only imagine how difficult it must be to try and try only to have everyone around you get pregnant effortlessly. On my mom's side, almost all the girl's are pregnant (from my generation-the grandkids). ONly me and one other cousin is not pregnant. Well, and the ones who are still in high school.

And gee, these posts get so long now that I don't have time to stop in more frequently. My uncle felt horrible about the kitties. So horrible in fact, that he got us a kitten. He had said we could keep her at his house til we got our own place, but I brought her home. My parents actually love her. She is about the same age as our kittens were (about 5 months old) and she is fluffy and grey. She is quite the social cat. She loves to be on laps and cuddled up. Perfect. So, hopefully it goes well. Of course, I had to go out and buy new litter box, litter and food. grrr. But, The kids are happy, i am happy.

I have to get off here now and get working on my oral presentation that is due Thursday. I have barely worked on it and most if it will probably be put off until Tues evening and wednesday because I am just not so sure what he wants and will have to ask tues in class.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-I am so excited for Rachel! I will be praying that she has a happy and healthy nine months! I have a few friends that I should have you put on that lady's prayer list. One has a son but has been trying to get pregnant since before I got pregnant with Justice and the other has no kids but has been trying for five years and no luck! Anyway, glad that things are going well with school and your hours!

Julie Q said...

Yes, I do believe in miracles. :) I know two in fact. ;) My nephews. Good luck to Rachel! I hope she has a good pregnancy and a healthy baby. :)

Bummer on missing out on the nice weather, but so true about traveling around in the yucky weather. ;)

I hope things work out with the new kitten. :) Maybe we shall see a pic sometime? :)