Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just crappy=)

Makenneh insisted on going to school today. That was a tad peculiar, because well, I have to fight her every other morning to go. But, hey, take what I can get. I tried to encourage her to stay home because as soon as she woke up, she messed herself. But, she insisted. And really, yesterday, aside from a few accidents, she felt fine, full of energy, etc. So, I let her go. And I got a call a few moments after school started. So, I went and got her, got both of the kids settled with things, and left to school. ON my way home, I was stopping by walmart to pick up some Vernors and gatorade. Jeremy calls. Makenneh is now puking as well. so, my little girl is quite sick. I also picked up bananas, applesauce and more bread, figuring we are going to have to do the BRAT diet around here. I just hope it doesn't last too awfully long because A)having sick kids is never fun and B)Liberty is going to be here soon and I want to be able to be there, and hold her and all that wonderful stuff!Of course, I come home and jeremy says, "I'm going fishing". He said he earned it today, after dealing with shit all day, literally.

On a good note, Sebastian is quite the little helper. He has taken it upon himself to be a big help. When dad is hauling wood in, he is right there hauling it to. Our area recently began the roadside recycling program. Well, I have decided I'm not so sure I like it because as the snow melted, I noticed many plastics in our ditch, near the drain, that was not brands we purchase, and therefore, did not belong to us, but rather made their way on down here from neighbors'. I began to wonder how effective the roadside recycling is. I began to notice all the platics in many ditches along the road, as I drive. So, anyway, today, Sebastian took two trips with his small hands to clear the plastic garbage from the ditch. And he put them in the recycle bag. Good boy! Now if they would come up with a clever means of keeping the recyclables in the bin and out of the ditches, it would be great.

Hey, does anyone have a way to clean sharpie off of wood table? It would be helpful. makenneh was drawing earlier today with a sharpie (I was not home) and it leaked through on my mom's coffee table. Not cool.

Well, I have plenty to do with sick kids, so I am gonna finish my rounds on here and clean.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Not sure of the finish on your Mom's table. I would try hairspray if it has a finish on it. If it doesn't have a finish on it, I don't think you can get it out.

Ever since I got my freecycled table, Zachary is not allowed to touch the sharpie markers. I don't know if his Dad would allow that when I'm not home or not. ;)

I hope Makenneh feels better soon. So yucky. :( I will cross my fingers for you that it was perhaps something she ate? And no one else gets it.

Woo hoo for Seb! :)

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-I missed a lot the last couple days! I am praying for all of this and I hope that everyone is healthy by the time that Liberty arrives!