Monday, March 23, 2009

Still Baking

My sister went for her non-stress test today and it went well. She does have to go for 2 (or 3?) of them a week. In addition, she has to do those urine tests (pee in a jug for 24 hours and take it to the lab) 2 or 3 times per week, plus see the OB once a week. So, most of her days will be spent running to appointments (so much for bedrest, eh?) Her blood pressure was a bit high today, which they didn't like. However, Liberty was lively and active and did what they wanted her to do in a timely manner, so that was a good thing. Let's hope and continue to pray that everything goes well so she can stay in the oven as long as possible.

So, I did what I thought was a thoughtful thing today. ON the way to take Makenneh to her after school enrichment class (drama), I spotted a baby changing table to the side of the road. Of course, I was kinda pressed for time, but it appeared to be a nice one. So, I turned around and looked at it and it was in great shape, included the pad and 2 covers. The guy was out raking his lawn and helped me load it in my trunk, but bc it stuck out so much, I had to run it home before taking her to her class. Thankfully I was only about a mile from home. She ended up being about 10 mins late, but not the end of the world. SO, when I pull in the drive with this thing sticking out the back, both guys stand and stare; dad even puts his hands up as if to say, "What the hell is that for?" I told them, we know 3 ppl off the top of our heads who could use it. I am very sure someone will get some use from it. Dad's already grumbling about how long that thing is gonna be in here and Jeremy had copped an attitude. I don't get it. OH well. Sometimes, men are impossible. Anyway, so the hole dilemma is this: two of the girls who are pregnant are sisters and the one tends to be competitive about stuff. So, it could be a fued and I don't want to choose one over the other, despite the fact that I feel one could certainly use it more than the other. All 3 girls are my cousins. The other girl has a gma who will get her everything she needs, no problem, so it really leaves it to the two sisters, and like I said, I don't want to be in the middle of drama. I hadn't thought that far ahead when I chose to pick it up. Btwn that and the attitude I got from the guys, I am wishing more than ever that I would have left it at the side of hte road. I think Jeremy would rather put it on craigslist or something. I just don't think I could bring myself to do that, knowing 3 pg girls who could use it. That's just how I am. But, I may opt for that, rather than have a free-for-all over who got it and who must be favored. LOL.

Why fundraisers are no fun: You forget about the money being due until the last minute and must run crazy collecting money from everyone. At least, that's what I end up doing. And I do resent the fact that this is the 3rd (third, count them, 3) fundraiser for this year. That's over the top. This time, we only sold a few items...like 7. I guess every little bit helps.

I hope everyone has a great night and bright beautiful day. I know I need both!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, put both cousins' names in a bowl, let Sebastian draw the name - chance not favoritism! Especially if you get them to be there when it happens!

Aunt Bev

Julie Q said...

Glad little Liberty is staying put for now. :) Also good to hear her doctors are keeping a close watch on her.

Would both people want the changing table? I've never had one myself before. Why don't you tell them both and they can decide who could better use it? Tell them you don't know who would want it or who needs it? ;)

Men. :) Too funny! :)

We get so many fundraisers too! I've lost count this year.

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Christina-you have such a good heart! Do they live in the same place? If not anonymously drop the changing table off at the one that needs it the most house--when no one is home. They don't have to know it came from you! Type out a message that says to so and so thought you could use this and don't sign it! That way they get it because they need it the most and no one has to know it came from you! And you are right-guys are nuts sometimes!