Sunday, March 01, 2009

No More Poo

PLEASE! It seems I have been dealing with diarrhea for a month. Mostly Sebastian. It seems to come and go. He appears to otherwise be feeling fine. He does not own enough undies to go threw them the way he does lately. I had to buy another pack today. And that is ridiculous. 6.00 for 3 measely pair of small, tiny, boy underwear. Just 3 pair. That equals 2.00 per pair. That will be streaked and stained in no time at'all. None at all. Believe me. So what if they glow in the dark. Who really needs glow in the dark underoos? I am sure it doesn't improve aim at the toilet by any means. Of course, this really isn't an issue yet, as he still pretty much sits to piddle. Hah, piddle. He did however stand to pee the other day and ran in to tell daddy, "Me go pee like you daddy! I stand like this" as he immitated the whole ordeal. He was quite proud of himself. However, nothing beats the rhea that creeps up and steals the little boys ability to stand and pee. Must sit to do my business because it may come out without warning.

Jeremy couldn't contain himself. He heard that the temps are supposed to hit or be near 50* by the end of the week, so he just had to give the kids their fishing poles today. He is such a kid when it comes to that kinda stuff. Just.Can.NOT.wait. So, now we have to get the kids something else for Easter, not a huge deal, as Easter usually isn't that large of an item, but it was something the both had wanted. Now they will probably be stuck with some small things, perhaps equally as useful because frankly i am sick of all the little junk. They can get undies and toilet paper. LOL. Just kidding, i wouldn't do that. I promise. Well, maybe undies, because it would be a splurge of fancy kinds, but certainly not toilet paper. ALthough, I can clearly see how they could make that into something fun as well.

Well, it was a very emotional service at church this morning. I was the one who was able to go back with Des as she prepared to be baptised. On one hand, it was such an honor to be there for her, in that capacity. On the other hand, it was a strong reminder that her mom was not able to be there, at least not physically. I know beyond doubt that she was there in spirit and I am sure she probably had a hand in Jesus opening Desiree's heart to accept Him. She wanted to be sure there would be a place for her daughter to join her in Heaven.

After church, we took my father in law to lunch. That went pretty well. Makenneh insisted on ordering fish and fries. The uncool part about that was that they didn't have that on a kids menu. Not that I would have known, because they dont even have the kids' menus right now. When I asked about them, she said they didn't have any right now but that the normal stuff was on there. well, that's great, but what the heck is the normal stuff? Because when I asked if they had a kiddie fish/chips, NO, was the only reply I received. It kinda peeves me now that I think about how i probably shouldn't have left her such a generous tip. She was clearly preoccupied with the friend who showed up to have lunch. OH well. Makenneh enjoyed the fish. Sebastian didn't eat much, but I just had them share the fish because it was a (expensive) full size dinner. Jeremy's dad had a good time and good food, so that is what really counts, as it was his day. We have decided though, that we probably won't go back there, willingly. Their menu is very small and limited and then, well, we just didn't receive very friendly service today and the food was just ok. Nothing spectacular.

Well, I was taking a break from studying because I am feeling so overwhelmed with it. I think it is time to finish up on here and get back to the books. I have a midterm on Thursday and I just feel like I am going to do poorly on it. It is short answer, no multiple choice or something easier. Have to be able to pull the answers from memory with nothing to trigger the memory. So, we shall see how it goes. I am sooo nervous about it. Normally I am not that worked up over tests, because generally, I do well. But, i don't know what to expect on this one and there are going to be 10 short essay type questions with so much info to know for each question. Sigh. here's hoping it goes well. Wish me luck and have a safe and happy week. I don't know if I will have moments to spare any day soon!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Too funny about the fishing poles. I am totally looking forward to the warmer temperatures! :)

Bubbles and sidewalk chalk are always good. :)

Where did you go eat? Bummer your service wasn't very good. I hate that!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I am so glad that you were able to be the one with Des! I think it is perfect since you and your Aunt Dawn was so close! I know she was looking down with so much joy! Sorry that the service at the restaurant was so bad! Michael LOVES ordering fish places too! Hope the kids have fun fishing and that you can find some cheap stuff for Easter. When is Easter this year anyway? I guess I better go and figure that out!