Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sweet Liberty


No, im not talking about freedom kinda liberty, but my niece, Liberty, who is expected to make her grand arrival on or about May 1st! Carrie had an ultrasound today and was able to get a 3D picture (the last time she was in, they had just gotten the machine and she wasn't able to get the picture.) So, here she is, sleeping peacefully, waiting to make her arrival! I just love the details of these pictures. It's so amazing. I had to share with everyone! The nurse said everything looks great, she is right where she should be, plenty of amniotic fluids and all that. They estimate Liberty's weight at 6lbs, 6oz but hopefully that's a wee off because don't they say that the baby usually doubles his or her weight the last month? Maybe it's the las trimester. At any rate, she is a good weight, everything looks great. And she told my mom and Carrie that they had had moms get pre-eclamsia at this point in their pregnancy and still carry past their due date. So, I think we will be fine.

I spent the day with Makenneh today. It was actually very nice. She went with me to the Senior Center, so I could round up the applications and prepare them to take in, then she went to school with me. I was a bit hesitant, but she has wanted to go for quite some time. She stayed home today because she woke up at about 530am and was complaining of a cough. When she coughed, it sounded horrid. So, I kept her home and took her into the doc this morning. By the time we got there, she seemed completely fine, with the exception of a cough. He still checked her over and said she is fine..just a cold, continue with Robitussin. Whew. I was afraid of Croup, because that's how the cough sounded this morning. But no fever, nothing is swollen, as is the case with Croup. HE just told me to keep an eye on it and call if anything changes.

I cannot believe how cold it is today. We hit 70* the other day and today it was in the mid 30s with snow flurries. Grrr. I want warmer weather. My fingers are frozen as I type this.

Well, I am off here to do some other things online before turning the internet over to Jeremy.

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Wasn't it cold today! I froze on my walk with Rocky!

Z has woken up croupy before and it's let up after a while. Don't be surprised if she wakes up the same way tomorrow.

Yes, the 3D ultrasounds are so cool! :) I'm glad things look good with her. I was always told a pound a week the last month.

Anonymous said...

Christina, Liberty is so cute! Her little lip pouted out! I think she looks like Matt! Not because she's pouting! Don't ya just want to hug her and squeeze her?

You said the day with Makenneh went well but you didn't say what she thought of your school.

Love you guys!

Aunt Bev

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I love those kind of ultrasound pictures! It is so neat to see your babies like that or neice in your case! Still praying for Carrie that all goes well and she can keep that baby girl baking as long as possible! Glad that Makenneh just has a cold and I will be praying it stays that way as well! Must of been neat for her to see mommy at school just like her. You will have to let us know how she liked it! You need to go check my blog out and look at Justice's six year pictures-they turned out sooo good! Talk to you later!