Sunday, March 08, 2009

I always think of great titles when I am not at the computer

Yeah, I will be thinking of things to blog about and have a great or interesting, catching title and poof. The moment I sit before this screen, it leaves me.

So much to say. My sister's baby shower went well yesterday. It made for a long day for me, but we did it. I woke up and started right off cutting the million onions for tacos and cut my thumb, not once but twice. Because once is never enough. So, I have a gouge out of the tip of my thumb. Did you know that full sheet cakes are quite large and indeed are difficult to fit into an average sized sedan? Because they are. As I learned the hard way. I don't guess *I* have ever picked up a cake that large, so I just didn't think. My car was packed to near exploding, including Makenneh and Desiree. I thought the cake could sit on their laps. Hah, it wouldn't even come close to fitting. SO, out in the rain, Ihad to rearrange the boxes and bags and what have you that was filling my car, so that I could fit the cake in. And then I was a nervous wreck because I didn't want anything to happen to the cake before it reached its destination. But, we all arrived in one piece, which is a good thing. The cake turned out sooo beautiful. Better than I envisioned. But, I am sad to report that I got not one single smidgen of that delicious cake. I am so sad about that. I will post pictures when I get my printer hooked up ..probably tomorrow ( my printer has the card reader and just makes everything easier). She got a lot of stuff, despite my fear that nothing was being taken off her registries. And she only got doubles of a boppy, a nursing shawl, and 3 outfits. Not a bad deal at all. WE got most of the nursery set up last night after the shower, it is beautiful. We will take pics when it all together and I will be sure to post them.

So, still wondering what I got her? She had wanted the bedding and stuff made out of material she had picked out. The only problem was, she didn't have the money (they had estimated it to be about $150) to buy the material and you can't exactly register for material. So, she conceded and registered for a beautiful set at Baby Depot

It is a beautiful set and similar to what she wanted. But, she really liked that material and plus the bedding and such was only available by special order. I got the material, just as she had figured out (she used a pattern and a lady at the fabric store was very helpful in helping them figure out how much of each fabric was needed..she had chosen 3 different fabrics. So, I was very pleased when I got to checkout and it was $110.00. I ended up spending a bit more after that, but still, I saved quite a bit. She got the comforter, pillow (with some extra material) dust ruffle, bumper,diaper stacker, organizer that hangs on side of crib or changing table and a valence. Then my mom got the material to do the window and the closet. My aunt made the entire set and I have to report that she did so in less than 2 weeks. I was so amazed.


Our relatives from out of town stayed here last night and the kids had a great time. They had 3 kids with them....one about 14 or 15, one 11 and one 4, all girls. They all played well but we sure had a packed house. It is always fun to get together with them.


Sebastian had learned the art of winking and he is going to be a heartbreaker, I dare so. My gosh that little man has the wink down. It is adorable.

I am on spring break this week, so it will be nice to have the break from school. Of course, I will probably just spend extra time at my internship this week. Although, I am pleased to say, I only have 7 hours to go to meet my requirement for this semester. I am going to continue so I can bank hours for next semester, though. Still nice to know that I will at least meet this requirement.


I am done with my stress management course....she gave me a 3.5 because I had to miss a couple classes when we were all sick with diarrhea and vomiting. I am very not happy about that, but whatever. My midterm grades are posted and while they don't really hold much weight....still nice to know where you stand. I have 3.5 in practicum and 4.0 in community development and my internship class. I am very pleased. I am almost positive I can have that 3.5 in practicum to an A. I missed a few questions on the first test, but she has given us some opportunity for extra credit. So, another successful semester underway.

Just wanted to say before going....I guess my mom had told my brother and Sara that the cats were gone when she got up that morning, that I must have taken them somewhere. So, it really bites me that she is lying. IN addition, I don't know if i had posted this on the previous blog but my dad said to me friday...."Chris, I did not intend for you to get rid of all 3 cats.". So, he was led to believe that *I* did it. I just hissed out, "I.did.not.do.it" and he was like, ooooh, with a sympathetic tone. Now that the shower is out of the way, I plan to bring it up. If for no other reason than to get some closure. I am frustrated and heartbroken with my child crying to me every day about her kitty. She sings a song about it, she draws about it, she talks about it. It is sad.

I guess that's all I will ramble about tonight. I know there is more to say, but it gets boring reading the day to day crud...seems how I cant seem to word it so fun!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

I'm glad the shower went well Christina. It sounds like she made out. :) Bummer on not having any cake! Cake is good. :) She must have just loved the bedding! What a sweet gift.

That always happens to me too on the blogging. So much going on, I forget all the time!

Seb, such a cutie pie!

And poor Makenneh. So sad.

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I am so so glad that the shower went so great and that Carrie got all that cool stuff! What an awesome gift you got her-I bet she was so excited about it! I hope you get to the bottom of the cat situation! That is just awful! Big hugs!

Julie Q said...

Can you email me? :)

Quantzkj@sbcglobal.net