Thursday, April 23, 2009

GRRRR

I just feel so darn agitated this afternoon/evening. Seriously. I have no idea why, but I do. Of course, Tuesdays and Thursdays are rough in that the past couple weeks, i stay late to work on my computer class. So, that means I get home, rush around to make dinner, then have to clean up the dinner mess, do the dishes and then it is just about time to get kids ready for bed. I am under pressure with the end of the semester and I need to be on my homework, but it has to be put off until much later because of everything else. Then, for whatever unknown reason, my dad decided to leave his plate at the table, get up and go outside. I was sooo irked at having to take care of his plate. It was just one of those days for me. And it hasn't gotten better. Makenneh is throwing a fit because i didn't order the overly inflated priced tooth fairy pillow for her from her fundraiser. She has become a mouthy snot lately that I almost prefer not to be around. She went so far as to yell to me that I had the money I just NEVER buy her anything with it. That about did it for me. Most of our money gets spent on kids....believe me.

I was reading on Babyzone about the point system some moms use with their kids and I recall Stacy talking about as well. I think I am going to implement that starting tomorrow. I talked to Jeremy about it today and explained it some to the kids. They earn points by being good/doing as told, and then those points are used for computer time/video games/tv/etc. When they misbehave/don't do as told/act up, it "costs" them points. So, the child then has to decide where they want to spend their points...on bad behavior or fun time. It's also a great way to limit time spent on things like tv. I hope to tweak it and get it all set up tonight so that I can begin using it in the morning.

I am still working on the grant proposal I have to write for my Community Development class. It is such an overwhelming task. I will get going on it and run into a roadblock...like how much does it cost for Workman's Comp/Unemployment insurances? I have to write that into my budget. All these little things we don't think of on a regular basis.

Today was my last day for my Social Work Practicum class..i got my grade, which is a 4.0. I am so glad to be down to two classes....the Community Development and the Computer class. I stayed after today and did two modules for the computer class, leaving two to do. I figure I can utilize the time I would have been in my Practicum class to work on the other 2 modules for comp. class. Then, I can be done with that one as well. My grade in that class is not going to be a 4.0. I am over it. I don't even care. i am to the point that as long as I pass, I will be happy. Bad attitude to have, i know. And so unlike me where my school is concerned but I am tired...mentally and physically and I just want it over with. I think part of it, too, is knowing that I have to stay at the community college another whole year in order to complete the social work tech program. It's not what I had planned. But, I have to just take a deep breath, realize that no amount of stressing or sulking will change it and get on with it. Look at the bright side: It gives me more time to get everything situated for the transfer that I have procrastinated on.

My cousin, Rachel, who lost the baby last week opted for the D&C procedure and that was done today. They put her completely out for it and used suction rather than scraping. Everything went well (as it can for something like that, anyway). I really hope that she is able to conceive soon.

Well, I have to get back to homework..and first finish my rounds on here.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Something in the air? I felt that way last night too. Sort of a leave me alone mood. But they never do!

Ouch to those words from Makenneh. :( Kids can say such cute things and then the worst things.

Are you taking the summer off from classes?