Saturday, April 04, 2009

They are home!!

Liberty came home today! She and mommy are both doing well. She is such a content little baby. Hopefully it stays that way. I was very disappointed with the hospital though - i may have mentioned this the other night- but they only have lactation consultants available during the week (mon-thurs) so forget having a baby and needing help with breastfeeding fri-sun. I felt so bad for my sister as she was trying to get the hang of it. I have been there and know how frustrating it can be. And I also know that with proper support, you can overcome that initial stage and be successful. It seems to be going a bit better for her now and I hope it continues to do so, as she and Liberty both get the hang of it. We are all going to write the hospital about that.

So, I had a crummy day! Not sure why. Maybe it's the mix of adrenaline, fatigue, PMS (maybe it's coming), I don't know. But, at any rate, I was just a ball of frustration and out of sorts today. I was actually quite beside myself. Felt myself coming and going. Then, to top it all off, I pull into Walmart, after leaving my sister's and park, look at the Kroger ad, to see what I needed to price match(was just grabbing a few things). I get out, walk around the car to get Sebastian out and realize I had parked next to Harold (Desiree's umm, i don't know what you would call him). I didn't even look at him. I wanted to spit in his direction, but fortunately, I have more restraint and maybe just a tad more class than that. So, I get the kids, and just hope he doesn't say anything to me because with the day I had today, I probably would have given him a piece of my mind. Then, to be honest, on the other hand, I was sort of hoping he would say something, so I could say to him: You are a worthless excuse for a man and I want nothing to do you with you. I have my children with me, so I will keep this decent, but just know that I do care for you and the things you have done and I prefer you to never speak to me again. What kind of man walks away from his only child like that, after she loses her mom?

That's the type of things I would love to say to him. I don't hate him, it's not in my being to hate. Not to mention, hate requires a level of emotion he isn't worthy of. So anyway, I come home, crabby and Jeremy comes out and asked what is wrong. This is where I am reminded that men truly are from Mars. I said, -I have had a crummy day, I am beside myself and to top it off, I have to park next to that worthless piece of crap who thinks he can call himself a father.

To which my Martian husband replies, "I just don't understand why you allow yourself to get all worked up over that stuff and let it ruin your whole day."

Me-It didn't ruin my whole day, I told you it topped it off. (Pause). But yes, I do get worked up over it a bit. I am angry. ANGRY! He gets to walk this Earth while my aunt is DEAD! It angers me! /end rant.

Such a typical male response. I wasn't mad at him for it. And I didn't yell when i said it. but, it kinda felt good to say those words out loud.

So, that was my crummy day in a nutshell. I do still feel a bit beside myself, but as much as I did earlier.

I will post more pics of Liberty once we get them on the computer. She is so precious. I have to say that Carrie mentioned today that she thinks Liberty looks like me. Awwww, poor little thing. LOL. Nah, i said, OH how nice! As I snuggled her up to me. So nice to have a baby that doesn't keep you up at night. When she cries, I can give her back. Hehehhhehe!

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Liberty is gorgeous! I fell behind on reading-crazy life of mine! I didn't even know what was going on until Carries myspace said she had her! I am so sorry that you have had such a rotten day! I hope that the rest of the day got better! Big Hugs!!!

Julie Q said...

Sorry to hear about your crummy day.

I'm am glad to hear that Liberty and her Mommy are home and healthy. :) I never had any help from a lactation consultant for Zachary. I guess they don't work holidays either. As long as she keeps trying, they will get it. I had no help with Zachary and we got it somehow. :)

I look forward to seeing more pics of Liberty! :) My Mom said my new niece looks like me. I think she looks just like her Mommy though. :)