Thursday, March 16, 2006

BOOOOHOOOOO!!! WAHHHHHH! WAAHHHHH!

That has been my feelings...The house we wanted fell through! The listing agent didn't bother to tell my agent that the house already had a purchase agreement submitted and sale was pending. What a waste of 4 hours plus of our time and what a heartbreak. I literally got a lump in my throat and fought back tears when Mandy told me the bad news. Surely knocked the wind right out of my sails. I know we will find a house and this one must not have been meant to be, but right now, im kinda having trouble believing that. I just fell completely in love with that house.

But, on a more positive note, I have found a few that I am interested in looking at. THis house hunting is soo much work. And of course, i have to do all the weeding out and only involve Jeremy if it's a decent house that I am interested in. It is just easier that way, as he is working all day and doesnt want to run the roads looking in the evenings. Besides, I have to like it in order for us to get it, so there is no sense in him looking at houses that I don't like or won't live in. And trust me, we have been in some doozies. A few of them need to just be bulldozed over.

I am sorta starting to feel defeated in these efforts. I am worried about the loan going through and if it doesnt, of course, what a waste of everyone's time and effort. But, i guess that's part of their jobs. Although, I may not feel as bad if my agent and loan officer werent both friends of mine. LOL.

I have found quite a few houses to look at and at the most inopportune time, as both Tiffney (my loan officer/friend) and Mandy (my agent/friend) are going up north for a long weekend, leaving tomorrow at noon. It's going to seem like forever, waiting for them to return on Monday so we can continue the house hunt. i can look for houses online, but won't be able to get the detailed report or see them until Monday. *DING, DING* Light bulb just went off..hehehe..i could always call the listing agent and ask to see the house. Doesn't mean I have to go through them to buy it, right. LOL. that is just mean. Anyway, Im mostly babbling, and think its time to sign off for now.

Send me luck/say some prayers that this house hunt will go smoothly from here on out, including the loan process.

Oh wait, one more thing...we met at one house this morning to see it and Mandy opens the key holder to discover there is no key in there. So, she had called to set up this showing and we shouldn't have had a problem getting in there. Well, the one door was unlocked to the garage...she opens it and goes to the house door off the garage and knocks. No answer. So she opens the door and hollars "hello???" No answer. So, just as she tells us to go ahead and come in...she notices the homeowner on the couch, in his boxers, passed out. Well, we are assuming passed out bc the listing agent told Mandy that he is a drinker and may be passed out drunk. So, we ended not seeing that one. Guess we should go later in the day huh? LOL. Im thinking the place is probably trashed. I mean, who gets passed out drunk the night before their house is being shown? Knowing that the realtor and prospective buyers are going to be in your house in the am? And, doesn't he have a job or something to go to? LOL. Anyway, thats the end of my escapade for the time being.

No comments: