Saturday, March 25, 2006

Calgon.....Take me Away!



~Luxuriously Silky and Totally Comforting~


Now, doesn't that just sound refreshing?! And you can buy said Luxuriously silky and totally comforting product for a mere $4.19! Yes, that's all it costs to have Calgon take you way! Sign me up. Who knew escape was so affordable! I wonder how it works? Does it drown out the cryng of a 1 yr old when he is fighting his nap? Or the whining of a 3 yr old who wants something and wants it now? Does it diminish your ability to give two hoots as to what kind of mess the toddler can be making while you are escaping?
Because, I think i can afford $4.19. I think I shall head to local drug store for my own person box. LOL. Oh but wait..i would have to tote those two said toddlers with me.
But i could go buy me a box, invade my brother's huge round bathtub for an hour. Draw the hottest bath water I can possibily stand, put my "Classics for Relaxation" cd in, light some candles around the tub and forget for one moment in time that on the other side of the door is 2 lovely little monsters. Forget that the house needs cleaned, the kids need bathed, hubby might want dinner, all of it!

Of course, my brother and Sara have her little brother (6) and sister (3) for the weekend and want me to go to Huckleberry Junction with them today!
Do i really want to subject myself to all those kids on such a busy day in a pizza joint like Chuck E. Cheese? Oh the noise, the whining, fighting I would hear. But i honestly can say, i dont think it would be my kids or Kollin and Keeley making the noise. I really think they would be just delightful little angels enjoying the pizza, rides and games. Right? Because they wouldn't want to cause me to pull each strand of hair from head as my eyes took on an extemely wild look?

But, if anyone really wants to help a sister out, feel free to send a box of calgon bath powder (or body mist or bubble bath or a vacation package to Bermuda or the bahamas or some other tropical location) please feel free to do so. It would be greatly appreciated. LOL.

Ok, that 1 yr old is crying in his crib because naps are a mother's form of torture and he can no long stand it. I shall go rescue him!


2 comments:

Julie Q said...

It snowed here Friday. I was surprised it was starting to pile up on the grass. It melted though by lunch time, so that was good. :) A warmer week for us in Michigan, I hope that is as good for you, as it is for me. I love to get outside on warmer spring days. No bugs for the kids to run from! Or me. ;)

I could use a calgon bath of my own today. Instead, I'm going to bed. Morning comes oh so early.

Good luck in your house hunt and getting financed. :) I hope it goes well for you.

LosingSanity said...

Julie q, today was a much better day as far as weather. I hope it continues to get nicer. I am so sick of cold dreary days.

And I was given some comforting news regarding the financing...if FHA doesnt approve us, we can go brokered. It means a higher interest rate but taxes and ins doesnt have to be rolled into it and instead we would use our income tax to pay property taxes and then house insurance. After a year or even maybe 6 months of on time mortgage pymts we would be able to go a different route (i think she said we could def do fha at that time) and get the lower interest rate. the example we figured meant we would be paying less than a hundred more a month but at least we would be financed and the pymt is still in our range.