Monday, March 13, 2006

Im still here!!!!!!

Whew! It seems like forever since I have posted. Id be lying if i said its because I have been too busy. I will honest and tell you that I have just been in some sort of funk. i do get online, every day, very faithfully. I check my mail, my freecycle group and my favorite blog. By then, kids are needing me or Im just tired or have been online too damn long already and feel I should get off here. So, i never seem to make it to my own blog. But alas, here I am.
And I have some good news to share!!!!! We made an offer on a house! Not just any house either, Ill have you to know. A house that had me ready to take my shoes off, pull up a seat and stay. I didn't want to leave. We spent quite some time in there today. A little longer and we probably could have called squatters rights...lol. OK not that long..and does MI even have squatters rights??? anyway, let me tell you about this house! First off, its a 3 bedroom(with poss 4), 2 full baths, dining room, huge huge living room and huge huge master bedroom with a walk in closet about the size of the kids' room here, a second closet with shelves and such for added storage/organization, a pantry in the dining room, a mud room or nook..however you want to use it, main floor laundry, beautiful landscaping, french doors off the living room, opening up to a deck with a partial type gazebo thing, move in ready! I mean, we literally could move in tomorrow and live without having to do anything to this house. However, the wall paper is a bit naseauting (however you spell that damn word). It is sooo busy! So, we will probably be taking that down and either putting up new or painting, whichever is going to be easiest. This house is an old farm house with the plaster walls, so re wall papering may be the best bet. Oh and it has 3 bay windows...one in the nook area, one in living room and one is master bedroom. I just love this place. It gave me this very immense feeling..i mean, the thought that this place could be MINE brought tears to my eyes. And it has new siding, new windows, new well. The listing price was originally 130k. The sellers keep dropping the price and we think its an estate sale as the sellers didn't live in the house, and given the outdated wall paper ...anyway, the house in on the same property as a huge potato farm that sold to a big potato chip company. The business is also for sale (cmon mom and dad, you know you want to be potato farmers...lol). The reason its still on the market is bc the land taxes are listed at 8k a year. tends to scare ppl off. But prior to the closing, the house will be parceled and taxes redone for just the house, making hte taxes around 1200 a year. Anyway, the price has been dropped by increments of 10k since being on the market. They are motivated to sell and its now down to 80k as of 3 days ago! we made a bit smaller of an offer and our agent spoke with the selling agent and he is quite sure they will accept our offer. I just dont know what i will do if this all works out. I never dreamt i would have a house so soon. Just didn't see it in my near future. I am sooo elated. I want to pack us up NOW, TONIGHT! LOL.

So, thats my good news. Other than that, Makenneh fell and busted her lip open and got a bloody nose while at the house. I told jeremy that meant we had to buy it. She has left her drop of blood on the stepping stones up to the front porch. HEHEHe. Oh and kenneh loves the place..she came in, took her coat and shoes off, made herself and home said she wants to live right HERE and pointed to the area in front of the french doors. She loves those doors and that porch! can you tell im excited! Say a prayer, send good luck whatever it is, that this all works out. I want this house sooo bad i may cry and throw a fit if i don't get it. OK maybe not that extreme, but i will be heartbroken for sure.

No comments: