Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Well, I really have nothing specific to type again. What's new? well, the cooties in this place finally caught up to me. They got me while i was down. LOL. I am now tired, miserable and just want to be left alone. HAH. not with two little kids in the house. The other thing is, last friday, i went to the gas station across the street and went to step up on the sidewalk. well, it was a sheet of ice, and my right leg went straight out in front of me...landing me on my ass, with the other leg bent under me or something. I dont know, it all happened so damn fast. I just sat there, in tears and full of fear. i have never broken a bone in my life and i didn't want to think that i just may have done that. My right leg from the knee down went tingly and numb. It was a strange feeling. I looked around and saw one couple at the gas pumps. He was putting some fluid in his truck. I hoped he would notice me and help bc i didn't think i could get up. Well, the lady inside the truck saw me go down and when she realized i wasnt getting up, she called for him to come help and she got out and came over as well. They were really nice ppl. He helped me up after a lil coaxing. i was so afraid to move. She went in and told the store clerk, who came out and about slipped on his ass as he asked....is it slippery out here? NO dumb shit, i just fell for hte hell of it. Anyway, i couldnt even talk hardly..he asked if i was ok and the man helping me said no she is hurt and you should call and ambulance. Which i really didnt like the thoughts of. CAll me a baby but i am hurt and alone..i want my mommyyyyyy. LOL. But anyway, clerk goes back in his store, gets some salt and puts in down (kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is out eh?). He never once came back out to talk to me, nothing. The lady let me use her phone to call Jeremy and my brother (matt was at work, so no help there). they stayed with me until i was calm enough to decide that I could go ahead and drive back across the street to home. She gave me their house phone number and cell number so that if i needed to I could call them as they saw the fall and that the sidewalk wasnt salted when i fell. Well, I should have gone into the after hours, but i just didn't want to. I was out of sorts and just wanted to stay home. Well, then mom finally talked me into it...so i go and wait for over an hour and half in a room full of sick kids hacking all over while they only call one person back in the hour and a half. Finally, i decided i would be better off at home with my legs elevated and iced. WEll, here it is Wednesday and I still havent been to see a doctor. Monday my phone was turned off for the day and then yesterday i was at my friend's house. But the problem is, Jeremy has to use our car for now for work bc Marty's truck is out of commission. So, i have no way to the doctor. I do need to get in though bc my legs continue to go numb and tingly. I am still hurting quite bad from the fall and can't stand on my feet too long or sit for too long. I have to constantly change positions or my legs go numb and or hurt real bad. It is horrible. But, i guess we will see. My doc isnt in today so i may call and go in tomorrow just to make sure i didn't dislocate a disk in my back or some other long term problem. Of course, everyone tells me i should talk to a lawyer, as they were negligent about the salt. I am not a sue happy person. But what does ;piss me right off is that the clerk never once talked directly to me. He asked the couple if i was ok, threw down some salt and went about his business. That was that. He never filled out an incident report and he didn't call the ambulance as the man told him to do. Thats what gets my ass. IF i had been treated fairly during this incident, i would probably feel differently. but, not only were they neglegent in putting down the salt, but then just inconciderate once i had fallen. I just hate the thought of suing of ppl. i hate hassles. And i don't know now what the possibilities would be, as i havent seen the doctor yet. I called the docs office friday night after it happened and talked to my on call physician, but havent been in. I don't know...why did i have to fall. And the thing that i think about is, i may have trouble iwht this numbness for awhile now. Im hoping not, but we shall see.

anyway, thats all i have to talk about for now...my fingers are tired from typing all this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina, i do not believe in suing either, but i do believe in accepting responsibility. The clerk should have accepted on behalf of employer. If you wind up needing medical care, i think you should contact the owners of the establishment. Their insurance should cover your expenses for however longterm. At this point, you may want to contact your witnesses to see if they will still be available to back you up. If you do not seek medical help, then there is no reason to sue. Just believe what goes around comes around!

Love you,
Aunt Bev