Thursday, March 30, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE MAN!

Well, today, my lil man turns the big 1! It's exciting and sad all at once. Where has the year gone? It seems like just yesterday, he was a little bundle....now he is off and into everything, asserting his personality.

One year ago today, I was already in the hospital being induced. I was induced around 7am, was slow to progress and Ill never forget that nurse, eventually standing at the pitocin machine, just upping the dose, higher and higher. My God those contractions started to come hard and fast. Then, just before 5:03pm, I kept telling that nurse that i HAD to push. She kept saying, breath through them. Finally, I went off, saying i cannot breath through these, this kid is coming! Well, she checked and I'll be damned, but that boy was crowned and coming. My OB's office is in the hospital, not even too far from the birthing rooms...he didn't make it in time...no where near time. The intern came in, didn't even have time to break my bed down or anything. She sat as the food of my bed and delivered him that way. She did and incredible job! Maybe 3 pushes and Sebastian William Paul was born, weighing 7lbs, 2oz. He came so fast his poor little face had some bruising. But his head was nice and round! Everyone commented on how if they didn't know better, they would swear i had a csection! Both kids came fast and hard and had the bruising and a perfectly round head.

I joke that i was made for having babies. My pregnancies are easy, labor and delivery is easy! (without epidurals I may add!) Just too bad im done after 2! LOL.
My ob was so impressed that he always referred to me as a textbook pregnancy. Everything goes as it should. I didn't even tear with Sebastian..so my skin even has the elasticity for havin them babies! Of course, i decided that tearing was God's/Mother Nature's way of curbing the sexual desires before they are allowed. You know how hard it is to resist sex when you physically feel ready and able?

So, i wish every woman had pregnancy/delivery as easy as me. Perhaps we would have an even worse population issue if it were always that easy....see for everthing a purpose!

Ok, Im done reminiscing now!

No comments: