Thursday, August 24, 2006

A little better now

Well, i faced the orientation. I actually feel better about it now. I start work tues. Now the only stress is worrying about a babysitter. My mom said she could help a couple days a week, but then there are the other days to worry about. During set up we will be working 8-5, m-f (although it will be adjusted as needed).

Tomorrow is another busy day. I have to go to the doc at 1:50 and then somewhere in the day I need to call walmart to see if i can use my marriage license as the 2nd piece of id bc although my ss card was ok for hire at kroger, walmart won't accept it bc it still has my maiden name (procrastinator, remember). If my marriage license won't work, i have to traipse me and the 2 kids down to the ss office. Yippee! I am filled with so much excitement at the thought of this that i could wet myself. But this is something i cannot procrastinate on bc they only have 3 days to file this paperwork for me to be hired. Talk about under pressure....lol.

Oh and the cheering...well it's just lovely! So lovely that I want to recite it all the time. NO not really! It goes as follows: (everyone starts clapping in no particular fashion i might add) The manager says: give me a w
employees: w
manager: give me an a
us: a
them: give me an l
us: l
them: give me a squiggle (this is what they refer to the dash as)
us: we have to actually squiggle our body
them:give me an m
us: m
them: ....an a
us: a
them....an r
us: r
them.....t
us: t
them: what does it spell?
us: walmart!
them: who's walmart
us: my walmart
them: who's important (or something to this affect)
us: the customer
them: who's the best
us: store ###3, the best you'll ever see

CORNY!
But if it makes them feel better!

I know i will sleep better at night having learned that cheer!

fyi: walmart started as a part of the ben franklin franchise. Mr. Waldon owned a franchise, then another, blah blah and then decided to open a discount store and it grew from there.

This is the kind of (almost) useless information you learn at an 8 hour orientation! Im sure that knowing that will make me a better employee! I must say though that Mr. Waldon was a cute lil old man! He seemed to come across as a very approachable guy who everyone liked!

didja know that walmart was started in Arkansas? didja know that it's international? Walmart stores everywhere!!!! LOL

OK, Makenneh wants to snuggle, so off i go! May the sandman creep up quickly on her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had so much fun--j/k. Anyway, I am glad that things are going better for you and I hope that you like the job here better than the other one! Good luck!