Saturday, August 12, 2006

A pretty good finish

Well, the day started out kinda crappy and went downhill in a way...although i did get many bday wishes via phone, in person, email, blog and myspace! I was pretty bummed at one point this evening, after Jeremy had gotten home. I mentioned wanting to go to dinner and he said we probably couldn't afford to. I was pissed, to be honest. He said, well we could but then i can't get you what I wanted to get you. Then, my brother stopped by and said he didn't have the money to go to dinner either (we were planning on doing something together). I wanted to run to my room and cry. I hate that I get so damn emotional over seemingly trivial things, but i do. Anyway, Matt's gf stopped in and i went to kroger with her. This was going to be the highlight of my night..getting out of the house, without any kids in tow. how sad is that?! Well, she had to pick up a few things and i had to get diapers, wipes, etc. On the way back, she said that we had to stop by her place to pick something up. Well, when we got there, my mom, Jeremy, the kids, my cousin Aaron were all there. They had a cookout going and had made me a bday cake! I was surprised. My sis and her fiance were on their way as well. I was quite shocked that they managed to pull it off. LOL. Matt said he felt bad bc he knew i was getting bummed about not going anywhere...he wanted to tell me but at the same time wanted to surprise me, as the whole idea was Sara's (his gf's). I must say, they did a great job. My brother and Sara got me a shirt and a candle and my sis and Ralph got me a bunch of stuff for my new bathroom (whenever we get to move...lol). It was all the palm tree theme from Croscill. Bright vivid colors, palm trees..and the soap dish is a hammock!!! Way too cute. Can't wait to decorate the new bathroom! It will be the snazziest room in the house. Maybe tomorrow evening i will take some pics of the stuff and post them. They also got me some lottery scratchoffs, which i only won a dollar off of. I just have no luck with those things, but it's still fun to play. Oh and Sara made a cake with my favorite frosting...the funfetti frosting with the sprinkles already in it. HEHEheheh. I feel so loved and thought of. She also made the veggie stir fry that her mom had made while we were up north and I loved. It was so yummy. I want to start making that at least once a week, as its a great way to get those veggies in and I love it!

I should be in bed, as we have to be leaving here by 745 to meet at my parents' by 8am. That is just way too early for this girl! But, im not tired. And i feel like i need to round up something else...like i will be forgetting something. But i have 2 sippy cups, bottle, diapers, pull ups, change of clothes, sunblock, stroller, orajel, motrin, camera.....what am i forgetting?

Well, be watching for pics from the zoo. I am excited to experience it through my childrens' eyes. I think it will just make it all the better.

Oh and speaking of my kids, ihave to add this...makenneh sang me happy bday several times today. It just melts my heart. She is so sweet sometimes it makes it hard to believe that that same girl can be a real monster.

Well, im off to venture thru cyberspace...then off to bed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina,

I am so glad that things got better and you had a great surprise. You sure deserve it! Tell everyone I said hi. I sure wish that we could of made that trip to the zoo with you. My kids love the zoo! Anyway, I am going to try and call you this weekend to talk. Hope you are around when I do!

Julie Q said...

I'm glad it ended so nicely! :)

Enjoy the zoo today! I know you have already left. You really did get a wonderful weather day for it!

Julie Q said...

How did the zoo thing go? :)