Sunday, August 19, 2007

And the forecast is...

rain, rain and more rain! It rained all day today and it's supposed to continue raining pretty much all week, with tues. being the only day without rain. I am hoping the forecast changes to less rain. We were unable to move anything big today bc i don't want my stuff getting moved in the rain...not when it's a steady rainfall. We instead took some smaller stuff and then spent the day at the new place working on cleaning and wallpapering and getting all that stuff done. I don't know if i will have a ride to the new place tomorrow or not...so not sure when all the moving is going to get finished. During the week it is hard. This whole move came so sudden and everything feels so darn unorganized. Ugh.

I have very mixed emotions about moving, too. I am not really excited. I even cried a bit. I am not sure why. This trailer is junk. But it has been home. I like the community here, the fact that we don't have many neighbors surrounding us and that it's close to things like expressway, grocery stores, etc. I guess, i have just grown to like the area that i live, despite the fact that the school district is crappy. I have to keep in mind that this move is a positive one. One in the right direction. And things are coming along nicely..it's looking more and more like home at the new place. But we are surrounded by neighbors on all side. lol. I really just can't explain what my feelings are, but Helen, I think I know some of how you feel when you have had to make certain moves. It just doesn't give me the warm fuzzies or anything of that sort. I feel rather blah. So, this rain certainly isn't going to help my mood.

And I can't help but think of Julie and her family as they are staying in a cottage this weekend. I hope wherever they are, it's not been as rainy and yucky!

Well, im off here to let Jeremy have his turn on the computer before going to be.d I think im going to lay down on the couch..that is, if the kids will let me. somehow they come up with energy that has no end!

2 comments:

The other me said...

I am taking all this rain personally now, endless torrential stuff that soaks my very soul. We are moving stuff tomorrow rain or not....I just want the move over now. Can you take pictures of your new home? Maybe you will make some great friends there, how cool would that be? Even get someone that will babysit while you are at school?
Our next house is right next door to a school...wish we could stay there forever and send the kids to the new school....dreaming as usual!

Julie Q said...

I'm back! Thanks for thinking of us. :) Yes it rained and rained and rained! The cottage didn't leak though, so we were high and dry. :)

We made the most of it though. Managed to squeeze in two fires with campfire treats. :)

Sorry you are blue about moving. It is hard. I hope it works out for the best though. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :)